Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How to lose weight after having a baby?

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:48 AM
  • 22 Replies

My son is now almost 9 months old. I was almost back to my pre-pregnancy wait until I started using Nexplanon as my birth control. What are some best ways where I can become healthier, more fit, and also lose the weight? I work two jobs, and whenever I am not at work I am home with my son. So I would prefer anything could be done from home. Any tips, advice, and input will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjhallmom
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried workout videos?

You can get them at any store, or free online on YouTube or if you want a meal plan, calendar, I would recommend a program that you can follow. It depends how much committed you are ;) 

shimmifairy
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, Sweetie :) Weight gain is one of the most common side effects of this kind of bc...Maybe one of the things you can do is to talk to you OB about a different kind of bc that doesn't make you gain/hold on to weight like this?

If that's not an option, as the first pp said, there are work out videos...since your so busy already, I would suggest yoga - which helps you be calm and centered as well as builing strenth and flexibility while you do the poses...and belly dancing - which is good for cardio, pulling in the core and is just a lot of fun :) I've been belly dancing since I was a little girl and I can tell you it does a lot for your body :) I haven't tried Zumba, but I hear it's a lot of fun too....With all that you're doing, I think focusing on something fun and relaxing will help you keep your workout schedule instead of doing something that's just going to feel like more work,lol...

Also, be patient and kind to yourself :) It's going to take time to get back where you want to be, but you're awesome the way you are now :D

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:50 AM

How's your diet?  What kinds of foods are you eating?  That plays a big role.  Hugs!

srehman
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Look into a mommy and me class a lot of places have like stroller walks or boot camp with babies. I go to a gym just for the convince of daycare. It makes it easier.
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

After having DD, I stayed home and even though I lost all my pregnancy weight within weeks, I ended up gaining simply because I didn't do anything.  For me, it was a combo of diet and exercise.  I ended up doing a big overhaul of our diet and started eating more cleanly and practiced more moderation and I did at-home workouts.

workingmama20
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks everyone for your posts. I appreciate it! As for classes like mommy and me and such, I live in a small town, and the drawback about this particular town is they don't offer anything like that. :( My diet is pretty good, only because I changed it about a week ago. I know like all things that takes time. I will definitely try to do the at-home workouts and see if I can find videos to help me out too.. Thank you ladies :)

ambermario4ever
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Try body by vi. Eat health. Drink lots of water. Try the 30 day shred. Maybe get a treadmill or exercise bike. 

Lovin_mybaby5
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM

try sparkpeople.com

marcela8021
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi there - my son is now 17 months old, and I lost all of my baby weight by doing a healthy cleanse. I have been using these products for close to 8 years now. Private message me if you would like to know about them and I'll be more than happy to share with you since I know what it means to get your body back. :) 

Happy Monday,

Marcela 

BeachbodyMom77
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:07 PM
I went thru the same issues after my two babies. I am also in a small town. No good gym and didn't want to pay for a babysitter and gym membership anyway. I got started with Insanity and moved on to other Beachbody workouts. There are so many good programs that they offer! I am working out in a challenge group now which is soo motivating for me!

Quoting workingmama20:

Thanks everyone for your posts. I appreciate it! As for classes like mommy and me and such, I live in a small town, and the drawback about this particular town is they don't offer anything like that. :( My diet is pretty good, only because I changed it about a week ago. I know like all things that takes time. I will definitely try to do the at-home workouts and see if I can find videos to help me out too.. Thank you ladies :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)