Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just For Fun: 8 Things Women Really Think About While They Are Working Out

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM
  • 19 Replies

8 Things Women Really Think About While They Are Working Out 

by Emily Abbate

Woman working outOn any given Saturday morning, there are about a zillion other things that most of us would rather do than go to the gym, go for a run, or attempt any other sort of physical activity. But alas, so many of us lace up those sneakers, slip into a pair of spandex, throw on a sports bra, and do the damn thing. Why? Well, because we feel like we're supposed to.

But just because women everywhere are working out doesn't mean that their mind is on the task at hand. Heck, I'd bet you a nice chunk of change that 99 prcent of the time, most gym-goers heads are up in the clouds.

Thus I present you with what women are REALLY thinking about working out. Mhmm, you're welcome.

What would you rather be doing when you're working out?

Do you find yourself sidetracked at the gym?

While Swimming ...

Did I forget to turn my hair straightener off this morning?

While Running ...

I definitely didn't need to eat that chocolate caramel thing last night. I don't even like caramel.

While Doing Sit-Ups ...

Shit, my leggings are ripping. These are my favorite leggings.

While Biking ...

I really wish he'd stop doing that weird thing with his tongue during sex. There's no way any woman he's been with thinks that's attractive.

During Yoga Class ...

I hope no one can smell that ...

While Taking a Water Break ...

I think I'll stop at the liquor store on my way home so I don't have to walk up the stairs again later. Wine or vodka? Or both? Both.

While Rowing ...

How could he choose her over me? She has a lazy eye.

While Pumping Iron ...

Halloween ... Halloween ... what can I where I don't have to wear heels? That schoolgirl costume is so three years ago.

What do you think about when you are working out?

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Closest thing I think about to that is on that list is the running on... I think of hey that certain food didn't settle well note to self don't eat that again EVER. I use my workouts to replay my day and organize for the next.

mama0106
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:05 PM
How great I'm looking to look if I push my self harder
americansugar80
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:52 PM

while running/walking : i always find myself thinking of someone and why i'm doing it.

slapdashmom
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I think about how many more miles I need to run before I can eat a cupcake!
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I mostly think about food and what I'm gonna eat later. lol

Augustmist
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:22 AM

what do i think about when i am working out ?

is how i am going to pay for my bills ,  i work out every day and i keep thinking why can't i lose weight..

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Not much, when DH & I run we are usually just talking about our day or the kids or upcoming events.

aztecqueen22
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:38 AM
When I went to the gym I would look at the guys while working out. Me and my friend would look atceach other like is he cute.
bonitalilmama
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:39 AM
none of those, i think about why couldn't i have a naturally toned body im happy with and didn't have to do this crap
annelauer
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:30 AM
If its a class I think about how many minutes until it's over. In ballet I think about how I would do the step that goes to the name without any training. (Pas du chaval would definitely be the Monty Python gallop while clacking coconuts, for example.) And in jazz I think, "Please don't add to the choreography! I SO don't have this yet!".
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)