Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Can't get the motivation

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have weight issues, and I know I am not the only one. But I have been so frustrated the last 5 years cause I just can't make since of it. Before baby #1 I was at 150 (I'm 5'7) So that was to me the perfect weight. Then with baby #1 I ended up weighting 220. Lost 20lbs PP. Then started gaining it back. i tried everything I felt like. I changed my diet a number of times, I joined the gym and went everyday for an hour at least. I found out I had a thyroid issue and got on meds. They told me to cut my cal intake to 1500 a day and workout for 30mins. No weight change after a year!!! Then 19mths ago I got preggo with baby #2. I lost 30 doing nothing!!!! I ate normal, I even had bad eating habits at times. But I lost it. After baby #2 was born I stayed there for 4mths and now the weight is back! I'm at 250. Since I had a dislocated knee and have to do physical therapy I can't workout but on top of that I am losing my motivation. When I talk to doctors (3diff ones) They  don't seem interested. I had one put me on appitite serpressents. When I asked another if it cld be I'm not on the right thyroid pill they said a pill wont make me lose weight. (very rude). And another acted like I was lyinga about exerising and my eating habits! I don't understand what the issue is inside my body. And now I'm starting to give up. And its causing me to get depressed and hate myself. How do I get the motivation to keep trying??/

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ambermario4ever
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:44 PM

are you on any bc because some i know can cause weight gain and prevent weight loss. if you can still walk then at least do that it can and does help. also you can do other exersises such as abs and arm stuff with weights. lossing weight is hard i have been stuck for over six months. it gets frustrating at times. just keep at it.

am06
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I'm on bc But I have been on like 4 diff ones in the last 5yrs. I do go on walks with the kids and push the stroller around at the park while the older one plays.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Hugs mama!  You can do this!

HelloKitty86
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:02 PM

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you.  If you're not sweating and panting at the end, it's not doing you much good.  In order to see a difference, you need to push yourself!

Also, as far as your food intake, how many calories are you eating a day.  You may not be eating enough.

Sewsofun
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I don't have thyroid issues luckily.  I'm sorry you do because I know I wouldn't lose a lb if I did.  But I will say for motivation, I use hypnotherapy tracks.  Steve G. Jones has ones on healthy eating and weight loss, and motivation.  If I feel myself starting to sneak extra snacks back into my diet or sugary foods I just start listening again.  I was listening to them about a year ago and I lost 37 lbs without hardly trying at all, then I stopped and life became hectic and I gained back 16.  I'm doing them again and I feel fantastic.  I have already lost a couple lbs, water weight I know, but you can still feel it in your jeans when you button them! Also the gabriel method has a free track if you buy the book, and his is really soothing.  He has helped me feel like "food?  It's time to eat again?  oh right, lets have a salad!"  Instead of "  Geez it's only 10:30, when is lunch? I want McDonalds"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)