Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

in need of a weight loss buddy

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:37 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm in search for a weight loss buddy. my first goal is to lose 50 pounds. I'm having a hard time staying motivated with working out and eating healthy. hopefully I can find someone where we can help each other stay focused and motivated. Look forward to meeting people with the same goals. :)
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mylilboy00
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

same here! I have lost 20lbs over the past year mainly due to health problems not really trying but i still would love to loose another 10 to be at my goal weight!

BeachbodyMom77
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Good luck meeting your goals! I am in my journey as well! Making good progress, but support is key!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Welcome and good luck!

Nikki.90
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:43 PM
What do you do to lose weight?

Quoting BeachbodyMom77:

Good luck meeting your goals! I am in my journey as well! Making good progress, but support is key!

BeachbodyMom77
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:16 PM
For a little over 2 years, I have been doing Beachbody workouts. I had to have a total hip replacement right before I turned 30 and got motivated! I started with Insanity 2 months after surgery and have done more since then. I have two kids so working out at home is so important! I am finding out that support is a key factor now, so I am putting together challenge groups to help motivate! This has been the only way to get my baby weight off! I love it!

Quoting Nikki.90:

Quoting BeachbodyMom77:

Nikki.90
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I've heard of beach body but haven't checked it out yet. Maybe I'll look into that. I have always been the "chubby" one but after 3 kids I'm at my heaviest and I need to make a change.

Quoting BeachbodyMom77:

For a little over 2 years, I have been doing Beachbody workouts. I had to have a total hip replacement right before I turned 30 and got motivated! I started with Insanity 2 months after surgery and have done more since then. I have two kids so working out at home is so important! I am finding out that support is a key factor now, so I am putting together challenge groups to help motivate! This has been the only way to get my baby weight off! I love it!

Quoting Nikki.90:

Quoting BeachbodyMom77:

BeachbodyMom77
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I would love to tell you about it- Beachbody has so much to offer! :)
GotSlim
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I love the Beachbody products--been a fan for many, many, many years. I've been in the military for 20+ years and those are my go-to workouts. I'm now doing T25 and love it!!! 

I'm on a new weight loss journey and finally making some progress again. I kept getting to the same weight over and over again and never being able to bust past it. It was frustrating, and sometimes depressing, to work so hard and not be where I thought I should be. I'm not into gimmicks, but good 'ol fashion hard work and clean eating. Even so, I couldn't get past 148-ish (I'm 5-5"--4 kids and PCOS). In the past 60 days I tried an all-natural supplement in addition to my usual T25 or Insanity, treadmill, TKD, and weight training (it takes a lot for me NOT to gain weight with PCOS) and I'm finally blowing past my deadlock weight. I'm down to 134--haven't seen this since high school. It's been a lot of pressure in the military to maintain weight standards over the years and now that I'm retiring, I'm finally where I always wanted to be--figures!

Looking forward to cheering all of you on because struggling with weight can often seem to take over your life!

Momof2boys0612
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I am also looking for a weight loss buddy . :) pm me . I am looking to loose like 100 i have lost 25 pounds so far
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I have lost 23 lbs so far.  Looking to lose 70 total.  Need motivation for exercise.  Don't do that often. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)