Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Question about Weight loss buddies?

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:44 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've never understood the weight loss buddy thing.  What is it all about and does it really work?  I'm in groups and know some great ladies, but it doesn't seem to do much to keep me motiviated and on track.

I am down 55lbs from when I started but I still have over 100 lbs to go.

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BeachbodyMom77
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:45 PM
What type of workouts do you do? Is there a program? That is the key for me! I do a workout program that is set for me and have a group to report with.

Quoting Silverkitty:

I've never understood the weight loss buddy thing.  What is it all about and does it really work?  I'm in groups and know some great ladies, but it doesn't seem to do much to keep me motiviated and on track.

Silverkitty
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I did sparkpeople for a while with walking in the evenings.  Now with my schedule It's hard.  I have martial arts four days a week.  I'm looking to add in something more but everything is too expensive right now.

Quoting BeachbodyMom77:

What type of workouts do you do? Is there a program? That is the key for me! I do a workout program that is set for me and have a group to report with.

Quoting Silverkitty:

BeachbodyMom77
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Martial arts should be a great workout! And they should hold you accountable to be there! But it would be good to get a little more cardio and weight training. That would boost your weightl loss! I try for 6 days per week! Don't ever take 2 days off in a row!

Quoting Silverkitty:

I did sparkpeople for a while with walking in the evenings.  Now with my schedule It's hard.  I have martial arts four days a week.  I'm looking to add in something more but everything is too expensive right now.

Quoting BeachbodyMom77:

Quoting Silverkitty:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM

This group is great accountability!  Good luck mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN