Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

My right breast doesn't feel right and I'm freaking out

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
  • 7 Replies
Within the last week I felt an ache/pain in my right breast that lasted for maybe and hour throughout the day, in maybe one or two areas. Then last night the ache/pain/discomfort radiates from my chest to my nipple, side to side and has yet to really stop. I try self exams but my breasts are naturally bumpy (can't remember the clinical term) so it is very hard to remember what is normal and so on. Doing these self exams result in a very painful breast. When I take my bra off it helps, but not at the same time. A few times today it has felt like my breast is swollen when it's not.

I spoke to a coworker and my Mom today and they said it almost sounds like I pulled a muscle in my chest. Whereas my mind has been thinking of anything but.
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JenniferW67
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:19 PM

It could be a cyst. Best to get it checked out. I have a pretty large one and it can be painful. I know what you mean about the pain radiating out. I freaked when I first felt it and had a mammogram and ultrasound done to confirm. I'll be getting it drained, just because I can't stand feeling and knowing it's there. Prayers that that's all it is for you.

Garnet_Iris11
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. If it persists through the weekend I am making an appointment with my dr and see what she has to say.

Quoting JenniferW67:

It could be a cyst. Best to get it checked out. I have a pretty large one and it can be painful. I know what you mean about the pain radiating out. I freaked when I first felt it and had a mammogram and ultrasound done to confirm. I'll be getting it drained, just because I can't stand feeling and knowing it's there. Prayers that that's all it is for you.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I would make an appointment early next week if it's not better...hugs mama!

Garnet_Iris11
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Today is much better than yesterday, but I am still having a slight discomfort that lasts for less than a minute every now and again.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I would make an appointment early next week if it's not better...hugs mama!

Sewsofun
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I used to get pain in my breasts when I would drink too much caffiene.  It sounds weird I know.  If you drink caffiene try cutting it out for a couple of days and see if that works.

Garnet_Iris11
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Reading this as I'm having my second cup of coffee LOL I've cut my caffeine back alot in the last 3 yrs or so, but I do need to cut back more.

Quoting Sewsofun:

I used to get pain in my breasts when I would drink too much caffiene.  It sounds weird I know.  If you drink caffiene try cutting it out for a couple of days and see if that works.

aidyns_mommy
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:12 AM
this. I went to my obg because one breast was painful & swollen. He told me try via. E and cut out caffeine. Now if I drink caffeine I know why my breasts hurt.

Quoting Sewsofun:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN