Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Paragard

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 13 Replies
Has anyone used this birth control? I'm thinking about getting it but I've heard some horror stories! Would you recommend it?
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristy95
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I have it and had mirena previously. I prefer paraguard. Any specific questions?
MissBebe
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Did the application hurt?

Does it make your period longer and heavier? Is cramping worse?

Does it hurt at all during sex? Can your partner feel it?
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I have had it twice and highly recommend it! the first time I had it for 2 years(give or take a couple months) Had it removed to try for another baby. Had a second one put in about 1.5 years ago. No plans to take it out anytime soon.

To answer your questions.

1. it was uncomfortable..a little cramping during..and after. But, they do it during your period..it is similar to normal period cramping.

2. No, no and no. Off and on for the first couple months i had a little cramping..like it was 'settling in'. After that...I barely know I have it. i even forget about it sometimes. I just go about like. :)

3. Definitely no pain, i don't know it is in there...and no..I even asked him once.

I can not use any kind of hormonal birthcontrol..and the other alternatives get so old after a while.
I give Paragard two thumbs up. :)

Quoting MissBebe:

MissBebe
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Awesome! Thanks :)

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

I have had it twice and highly recommend it! the first time I had it for 2 years(give or take a couple months) Had it removed to try for another baby. Had a second one put in about 1.5 years ago. No plans to take it out anytime soon.

To answer your questions.

1. it was uncomfortable..a little cramping during..and after. But, they do it during your period..it is similar to normal period cramping.

2. No, no and no. Off and on for the first couple months i had a little cramping..like it was 'settling in'. After that...I barely know I have it. i even forget about it sometimes. I just go about like. :)

3. Definitely no pain, i don't know it is in there...and no..I even asked him once.

I can not use any kind of hormonal birthcontrol..and the other alternatives get so old after a while.

I give Paragard two thumbs up. :)

Quoting MissBebe:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:23 AM

I've never used it but good luck!

kristy95
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Application felt slighlty crampy but not painful. At first it made my period longer and more painful but it is getting better. ( I've had it for 20 months). It doesn't hurt during sex and my husband can't feel it. The mirena had more firm wires and he said they would poke him lol.

Quoting MissBebe:

MissBebe
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Do you like it better then Mirena?

Quoting kristy95:

Application felt slighlty crampy but not painful. At first it made my period longer and more painful but it is getting better. ( I've had it for 20 months). It doesn't hurt during sex and my husband can't feel it. The mirena had more firm wires and he said they would poke him lol.

Quoting MissBebe:

MamaNeeNee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I've had two and I would do it again. worth it.

my first one expelled due to uterine contractions while breast feeding..
the second one I still have. have had it for about 2 years now. I was a little more crampy.. but nothing serious. I love the fact that there are no side effects like any other bc I've tried.. no hormones.. and i lost a TON of weight with this method!
Flaca43
by Shana on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I haven't, here's a Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KikiKia
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I have the Mirena.  I love it!  No periods!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)