Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Sleep deprivation and weightloss?

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:46 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hey to all you mummy's out there! I need some advice, 7 month pp, 1300 cal per day, vegi and gluten free diet, work out cardio and weights mix 5 x per week for about 1 hr- 1.5hrs... I have come to a halt in my weightloss, for over a month I've hovered at the same weight. My daughter is teething and has gone from sleep through to 3-4 times per night wake ups. I feel so low and exhausted... Advise???
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
livndaybyday
by Alicia on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:45 PM
2 moms liked this
You're not taking in enough calories. Have one of the ladies here calculate your BMR, but I'm guessing that with the amount of calories you're expending, your body has switched to starvation mode and is going to hold onto the weight fiercely.
MamaRahRah
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Thanks for the reply! I will work on my intake :) 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you know your BMR?  I can help you with that if you'll give me your height, weight, age, number of days you workout each week and if you are nursing.  

MamaRahRah
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM

That would be great! Height 5'5" weight hovering 130/132 goal weight 120/125, age 22  workout:5-6 days per week,  thank you :) 

MamaRahRah
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Oh and I'm not nursing 

MommyC57
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM

After I had my son my weight also plateaued.  I started eating clean and started a beachbody challenge group.  It helped me drop the last 15 pounds and I have kept it off.  And the best thing is the workouts are only 25 minutes... so even if my son woke up a lot the night before I know I can get 25 minutes done.  

morgan483
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Have you switched up your routine? Upped the intensity? Added weight? The body needs constant change for constant improvement! If you're diet is in check, I'd definitely work on switching up your workout routine. Keep the body guessing.

morgan483
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Also this...

Especially if you up your intensity, you need to fuel your body with more calories...but get them from the right sources that help build lean muscle and burn fat.

Quoting livndaybyday:

You're not taking in enough calories. Have one of the ladies here calculate your BMR, but I'm guessing that with the amount of calories you're expending, your body has switched to starvation mode and is going to hold onto the weight fiercely.

MamaRahRah
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Thanks ladies! I actually had increased the weight in my workouts without adjusting my diet, I'm going to try adjusting my diet, increasing the cals with more veg, I ll update in a week or two time :) thank you all very much for your advice 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN