Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What are your goals this week?

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM
  • 32 Replies

Anything in particular?  Share with us!

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM
3 moms liked this

I want to keep my focus on protein, veggies, and fruit.  Plus LOTS of water!  I'd also like to lose 1 pound this week.  2 pounds down last week....gotta keep it up!

Workout Plans -

Monday - 4-5 mile treadmill run, squat challenge, planks

Tuesday - 6-7 mile trail run

Wednesday - TRX training, 3-4 mile run, squat challenge, planks

Thursday - 7-8 mile trail run, squat challenge

Friday - 6-7 mile trail run, squat challenge

Saturday - Rest

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Go to the zumba toning class they finally brought back- and go across town to the other studio for the bellywood class they are starting *I just wish it wasn't such a drive, or that they would have her at the one by me once a week to.  While I'm over there, I'll do a yoga class after hers

SO, new classes this week -WOO

twnkedee
by Tia on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:02 AM

Well, since the scale doesn't want to budge, I am focused on my speed and distance goals. So this week I will be increasing the speed on the treadmill and adding to the distance of each workout!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:01 AM

I would love to attempt to walk/run this week. I'm hoping I'm pretty much over this infection and can attempt it. My PT wants me to try it as soon as I can. 

Food is going to suck because we are having tile installed in the kitchen and laundry room so I have no kitchen for today- Wednesday most likely. That means: eating out 3x per day for meals. I see a few Chick fil A salads in my future. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting twnkedee:

Well, since the scale doesn't want to budge, I am focused on my speed and distance goals. So this week I will be increasing the speed on the treadmill and adding to the distance of each workout!

What is your current distance and what is your goal? 

It made me curious as you should not increase more than 10% per week. If you are going for distance, you should do only distance for now. Speed will come in time. Also, if you want to do speed drills, you need short intervals or sprints or hill intervals. I would not do both at one time. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Work on getting my water intake back up. Avoid the Halloween candy! Start a 24 day toning challenge with my friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaniBee
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Each week I want to eliminate one "bad food habit" (or pick up one "good food habit") - this week's goal is to stop mindlessly snacking on Potato Chips.  

KikiKia
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:43 AM

To be under budget. 

I was overbudget by ALOT this past week.  Damn you Halloween!!

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:48 AM
To track my points, weigh in is Tuesday, want at least 1.5 loss since I had 1 lb gain last week. Goal for next tues will be hopefully 1 lb since it's my bday weekend. Not planning workouts this week cause I'm painting my house. If I can fit some in I will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaNeeNee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
goals for the week!!! yay, just what I need!! I've slowly lost my way over the past few months.. and seriously. need to get back to the old me. (which is also why I came back to cm, the support here was great!..)
ok ok goals..
1. figure my cal goal and stay under it..
(this is bad but I need to lose like 10lbs before the end of the month, I'm such a stinkin procrastinator sometimes!)
2. stop smoking! (not really sure what started this one but I went from ecig to reg cig after using ecig for like 2+years, good news is I've only been smoking real ones for like two weeks and I hate it. can't wait to get my ecig back!)

3. is a maybe, but I'd love it if I could find the energy to run at least a couple days this week.. stupid job. lol

***time to get back ON the wagon!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)