Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Is anyone else in the group currently pregnant? When are you due? (I'm due May 15)

Do you still exercise?

What are your plans for how to take the baby weight off afterward?

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Replies (21-29):
Jenndill
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM
You can SO do it! Go for it! Just listen to your body! It will tell you when to slow it down. Your sweet baby will grow strong! How far along are you? Congratulations!

Quoting cjhallmom:

That's awesome Jenddill!! That's my goal!! =) I have been working out so hard after having my son, I did so many programs (all beachbody) and I saw results!! I had my six pack and muscle definition.. My body is used to workout hard and I don't feel uncomfortable I know I can do more, but I want this bean to get strong and get used to be in constant movement! It took me 6 or 7 months to fit in my pre pregnancy clothes with my baby, so I definitely want to do better this time!! 

Quoting Jenndill:

I just has my son in August. I stayed active the entire time I was pregnant. I did what my body was used to. I lifted heavy weights, did a hybrid of Chalean Extreme, TurboFire, interval training, and Body Revolution. I was all belly, and was able to have a drug free birth. I took two weeks off of exercise after delivery, and had little weight to drop. I was back in pre-pregnancy clothes in less than 2 weeks. I breastfeed, as well. Definitely stay active! It helps you minimize the amount you gain, and helps you shed any pounds you gain.

Miss.penguin
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:41 AM
10 weeks here and just got back to the gym today after taking time off to do ivf and then u was put on bed rest. I just modified., and took breaks when I needed to. My best friend gained 60 with her first, so I refuse to let that happen!! So far one only gained 3 but I feel like this last week I had to have put on more because now you can see my belly. Lol
cjhallmom
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Thank you!! I am 7 weeks... appointment tomorrow =) ...Cravings are  trying to get me!! all the things I have avoided are calling my nameeeeee lol! I have had two cheat meals in a week... I know I will do better after the first trimester.. Right now my hormones are trying to get in balance.. I am eating a little bit more calories but I checking my weight weekly and I have lost a pound so far.. I am not planning on losing weight, but not gained more than 30 Lbs.. I am really hoping that I can still drink Shakeology, it gives me energy since I quit coffee.. if not, I will juice my veggies and fruit...I did it with my first baby, healthy eating and whooop 10 Lbs 2.4 oz baby hahah...He is so healthy and strong! I know nutrition is the key =) 

Quoting Jenndill:

You can SO do it! Go for it! Just listen to your body! It will tell you when to slow it down. Your sweet baby will grow strong! How far along are you? Congratulations!

Quoting cjhallmom:

That's awesome Jenddill!! That's my goal!! =) I have been working out so hard after having my son, I did so many programs (all beachbody) and I saw results!! I had my six pack and muscle definition.. My body is used to workout hard and I don't feel uncomfortable I know I can do more, but I want this bean to get strong and get used to be in constant movement! It took me 6 or 7 months to fit in my pre pregnancy clothes with my baby, so I definitely want to do better this time!! 

Quoting Jenndill:

I just has my son in August. I stayed active the entire time I was pregnant. I did what my body was used to. I lifted heavy weights, did a hybrid of Chalean Extreme, TurboFire, interval training, and Body Revolution. I was all belly, and was able to have a drug free birth. I took two weeks off of exercise after delivery, and had little weight to drop. I was back in pre-pregnancy clothes in less than 2 weeks. I breastfeed, as well. Definitely stay active! It helps you minimize the amount you gain, and helps you shed any pounds you gain.

tairakittie
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:54 AM

tomorrow I will be 5 weeks! Started doing prenatal yoga and pilates the day I found out.... I was doing Pop-pilates (blogalaties) and tone it up on youtube. I want to try and continue to be active my whole pregnancy, I wasnt at all with my first two and I was so mad at myself for letting myself go so much, this time around I am the same weight I started out with when I first got pregnant with my first (I only gained 25lbs with her, but I was also not very active and most of that weight was fat, not baby), my goal is to only gain up to 20lbs, eat well (as well as I can anyway, I know I will slip a couple times), and try to stay active! At least keep up with yoga and walk daily if the weather is nice! :D

Jenndill
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Awesome! I hope that you aren't having any morning sickness. It sounds like you're doing great! I drink (and drank) Shakeology during my pregnancy. My doctor ok'd it. You may want to take more folate, and watch your intake of vitamin A. Shakeology has a lot of it. But, I drank it/used it as a prenatal, and it definitely helped with energy. Sometimes, those cravings are hard to compete with! I didn't have as many with my son as I did my daughter. I wanted potatoes all the time (high in folate lol). I ate baked potatoes with non-fat plain Greek yogurt during the middle of my pregnancy! Juicing is so great, too! Have you thought about doing fruit smoothies, too?

Quoting cjhallmom:

Thank you!! I am 7 weeks... appointment tomorrow =) ...Cravings are  trying to get me!! all the things I have avoided are calling my nameeeeee lol! I have had two cheat meals in a week... I know I will do better after the first trimester.. Right now my hormones are trying to get in balance.. I am eating a little bit more calories but I checking my weight weekly and I have lost a pound so far.. I am not planning on losing weight, but not gained more than 30 Lbs.. I am really hoping that I can still drink Shakeology, it gives me energy since I quit coffee.. if not, I will juice my veggies and fruit...I did it with my first baby, healthy eating and whooop 10 Lbs 2.4 oz baby hahah...He is so healthy and strong! I know nutrition is the key =) 

Quoting Jenndill:

Quoting cjhallmom:

Quoting Jenndill:

imperfect511
by Amie on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Congrats!! I am not currently pregnant, but I am 3 months post partum. I planned on exercising during my pregnancy and I ended up becoming lazy and gained 32lbs! If I could go back, I would at least do some walking a couple of times a week.  I am just eating better and exercising to get the weight off.

morgan483
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM

32 lbs is great with or without having exercised! :)

Quoting imperfect511:

Congrats!! I am not currently pregnant, but I am 3 months post partum. I planned on exercising during my pregnancy and I ended up becoming lazy and gained 32lbs! If I could go back, I would at least do some walking a couple of times a week.  I am just eating better and exercising to get the weight off.

27yomomof4
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I am 35 weeks and was very active until i got sick at the beginning of my pregnancy. I do what i can now but it is not nearly as much as i was doing before..just dont over do it and all will be alright..
2girlsandadream
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I'm pregnant. I'm 36 weeks 2 days and having. A cesection on the 11th. I worked out most of my pregnancy though now its mostly just walking and some stretching. I am starting a more intense exercise routine when I am cleared from dr after my csection.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)