Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

The Halloween Candy is killing me.

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm glad I'm working today to get out the house and away from the Halloween candy calling me from the cabinets.  I can't throw it, its my kids'.  I can't tell them to bring it to their room, my son will be gorging himself.  i am going to post on here everytime I eat a piece, feel free to join me.  I'm hoping by having to write it, I will stop eating it!

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
morgan483
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Haha, I feel the same as you. I'm pregnant, so I'm not as hard on myself, but if I wasn't - OH MAN! LOL. Even so, I don't like to overindulge while pregnant either. I am giving it until the end of the week and then we'll take it somewhere...our dentist sends it to troops overseas.

black_sun99
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

The best thing you can do with halloween candy is let the kids gorge themselves and then throw the rest out.  We actually let the kids eat all they wanted and then gave out most of the rest when we got home from TOTing

momlovestorun
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont see a problem with throwing it out. Anything left tonight is getting tossed. We don't need it in the house. 

cjhallmom
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I am pregnant too, and  I gave toys for trick or treat hehe no candies because this mama and cravings are not a good combination!! 

Quoting morgan483:

Haha, I feel the same as you. I'm pregnant, so I'm not as hard on myself, but if I wasn't - OH MAN! LOL. Even so, I don't like to overindulge while pregnant either. I am giving it until the end of the week and then we'll take it somewhere...our dentist sends it to troops overseas.

kidslovemom
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:19 PM

My kids are 12 and 13 so tossing it is not going to fly...  Well, I'd like something now but I'm waiting bc I don't want to admit on here!

candiedgala
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

OMGosh, my post would be three pages long,  lol. The faster I eat it the faster it's gone...yeah...

luvhubandbabys
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids are only 3 &4. Dh took most of the candy to work. I let my girls keep 15 pieces of choc. 2 suckers and few tootsie rolls. The rest dh took even the good stuff. I told him get it out of here. Lol. They were ok with sharing. Its almost gone im happy. They didnt need that much.
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Ugh, I know what you mean! It's taunting me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:59 AM
1 mom liked this

That's exactly what we did.  Whatever did get given out on Thursday night went in the trash.  I don't need that temptation.

Quoting momlovestorun:

I dont see a problem with throwing it out. Anything left tonight is getting tossed. We don't need it in the house. 

kidslovemom
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:11 AM

When my kids were little, I would toss or take to work but at 12 and 13, they will have a fit if I did that.  They were out for 4-5 hours.  Thankfully my son was a piggy and ate a lot as he got it.  My daughter came home and gave me all the "favorite" ones...don't want to say the name or you'll be craving.  I put them in the freezer so I will begin tossing them today.  Those are mine to toss. I did have one piece yesterday.  I kept myself busy with work, documenting for work and then scanning old family photographs.  You don't want to touch them with chocolate fingers....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)