Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Halloween Candy is killing me.

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm glad I'm working today to get out the house and away from the Halloween candy calling me from the cabinets.  I can't throw it, its my kids'.  I can't tell them to bring it to their room, my son will be gorging himself.  i am going to post on here everytime I eat a piece, feel free to join me.  I'm hoping by having to write it, I will stop eating it!

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Replies (11-19):
missg8
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Following...so glad you posted this.

slapdashmom
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Give it away or throw it away. It's not worth it. 

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I wanted to work tonight but I got called off.  I did steal some M&Ms (they are my weakness!!!)

Mommie_2_Boys
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I take mine to work.
I dont allow my kids much candy. They have to earn it. And well they haven't been good at all lately
kidslovemom
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:57 AM

It's getting close to being just smarties and laffy taffy, I have no interest in those.  I have eaten poorly all week and I know I gained for my weigh in at ww tonight but that's ok, I'm back on it today, starting with my oatmeal.

AmyLynn5398
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Its the worst time for me!!! I let the kids have some for a few days and throw the rest out!  I remember when I was little my mom let me each as much as I wanted.  Today I can not stay away from it, even though its technically my kids.  We should set a good example and teach them moderation.  A couple here and there are okay as a treat but its important not to gorge on the candy since it will teach them that is okay behavior.  If you do not like throwing it out you can bring it to your work, husbands work etc...

loisl25
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I KNOW!! I am having the same issue. Plus, my d.h. Couldnt gain a lb to save his life, HATES health food, and INSISTS on having a plethora of junk food and sweets in the house at all times!

I like your accountability idea. I had one segment of Kit Kat last night, but it wasnt my fault. I was holding my toddler. She was eating it, decided she was done, and shoved it in my mouth! Lol!
slapdashmom
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Oh my god! Throw the candy out. Give it away. This is crazy.

kidslovemom
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I'm happy to say, I did lose a pound this week at weigh-in yesterday at ww!  I was pretty sure I would stay the same or gain, but honestly, I ate a lot less candy than I would have!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)