Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I need some help!

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:42 PM
  • 18 Replies
I haven't been on a while I have a 4 month old and a 4 yr old that just started school plus I work full time! My youngest was born with a cleft so we are at the drs weekly! I gotta loose some weight! I was 156 after Olivia was born now I am 171 again which was my pre pregnancy weight! My life is busy and wide open! I need some healthy ideas for all meals! Something quick for breakfast! I get up at 5:30 and have to get ready and leave by 6:50 and get both kids ready also!
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KSK0811
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Healthy Recipe: Apple Cinnamon Crockpot Oatmeal

Many of you know that I love using my Crock Pot and now that the weather is starting to cool down, it is about time for me to get back into it!  Many times I use my crockpot in the morning to create a meal that will be ready for dinner, but I wanted to share a CrockPot recipe that you can use while you are sleeping and wake up to a tasty and delicious and healthy breakfast for you and the family.   Check out this amazing recipe for a simply and tasty oatmeal recipe:

• 2 cups of dry rolled oats
  • 4.5 cups of water
  • 1/4 cup of ground flax seeds
  • 1 scoop of Vanilla Shakeology (or any vanilla protein powder)
  • 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
  • 1 cup of raisins
  • 1 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1 tblsp of grated orange peel
  • Dash of nutmeg

Combine all ingredients and put them into your crockpot and cover to cook on low for 9 hours.  In the morning when you wake up, simply serve it in bowls and top with agave, maple syrup or brown sugar for a touch of sweetness. This recipe serves about 8 people. If you find that it is too thick, you can add more water or milk (I add almond milk) to it.

**just leave out the protein powder and orange zest if you don't have/want it**

KSK0811
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Breakfast sandwich options:

Here is the basic recipe:

Pop Quiz Toast-Ups
makes two toast-ups

2 slices of bread
*sprouted grain is suggested
2 Tbsp of spread
2 Tbsp of thinly sliced fruit filling

Here are a few filling ideas...

Spreads
almond butter
peanut butter
cashew nut butter
sunflower seed butter
tofu cream cheese

Fruits
apples
bananas
berries
peaches
mangoes
pears
pineapple
kiwi
pomegranate seeds
dried goji berries
apricots
dried cherries

Recipe Ideas:
Peaches and veggie cream tofu cheese
banana and any nut butter
strawberries and plain tofu cream cheese
apples and any nut butter
pears and peanut butter
mango and cream tofu cheese

Try it Savory! Want even more flavor combos? Try a few savory toast-ups:

Savory Spreads
hummus
bean dip
melted vegan cheese
tahini
mashed avocado

Savory Fillings
tomatoes
spinach
olives
peppers
cucumbers
arugula
sprouts
carrots

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:16 AM

You can do this mama...hugs and congrats on your new little one!  Veggies, fruits, whole grains, and lean protein should be the bulk of your diet.  Whole wheat toast with peanut butter is a great breakfast with a piece of fruit.  Good luck!

Reina13
by Reina on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Here is a few ideas for you:

Honey and Pear Oatmel:
Prepare one packet of plain instant oatmeal with hot water. Dice one medium pear and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of honey. Microwave pear and honey mixture until warm. Top oatmeal with pear and honey mixture and sprinkle with a tablespoon of chopped almonds.

Whole Grain Cereal Crunch:
In a medium bowl add, 1 cup of bran flakes, 1 tablespoon pecans, 2 tablespoons dried cranberries and 1 cup of nonfat or soy milk.

Raspberry-Banana Smoothie:
Combine 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup frozen rapsberries, 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt, and 8 ounces skim milk in a blender. Pulse until smooth. Eat with one slice whole wheat toast and 2 teaspoons of peanut butter.

LaniBee
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I make about a dozen fried eggs and store them in fridge for the whole week. My 2 girls and I can then make a quick breakfast sandwich that's portable (they take them to their room while they're getting dressed and organized or fixing their hair)!   The freezer is stocked with Whole Wheat English muffins, Bagels or Multigrain Sandwich Thins, which can be microwaved until soft (or softened and then put into the toaster), melt a piece of cheese on it and go!  

Breakfast Burritos can also be made ahead and kept in the fridge or frozen. Scramble some eggs with cheese and/or sauteed veggies and wrap it up like a Burrito. These are easy to re-heat and carry around to eat while you're getting ready in the morning!  

Alliegracesmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Thanks ladies
BeachbodyMom77
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:00 PM
I am in a hurry with two in the morning - I make a meal replacement shake every day before I leave and drink it in the car!
Alliegracesmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:09 PM
What kind of shake

Quoting BeachbodyMom77:

I am in a hurry with two in the morning - I make a meal replacement shake every day before I leave and drink it in the car!

Alliegracesmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Do u just put them in A ziploc or how do u store them

Quoting LaniBee:

I make about a dozen fried eggs and store them in fridge for the whole week. My 2 girls and I can then make a quick breakfast sandwich that's portable (they take them to their room while they're getting dressed and organized or fixing their hair)!   The freezer is stocked with Whole Wheat English muffins, Bagels or Multigrain Sandwich Thins, which can be microwaved until soft (or softened and then put into the toaster), melt a piece of cheese on it and go!  

Breakfast Burritos can also be made ahead and kept in the fridge or frozen. Scramble some eggs with cheese and/or sauteed veggies and wrap it up like a Burrito. These are easy to re-heat and carry around to eat while you're getting ready in the morning!  

Alliegracesmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Thanks Darby! U have really done well with ur weight

Quoting darbyakeep45:

You can do this mama...hugs and congrats on your new little one!  Veggies, fruits, whole grains, and lean protein should be the bulk of your diet.  Whole wheat toast with peanut butter is a great breakfast with a piece of fruit.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)