Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I'm done with this fat!

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:24 PM
  • 9 Replies
Hello ladies I'm niki and I'm a 21 year old mother of a 1 1/2 year old girl. Her name is Kira. Well I am engaged to the best man in the world and our wedding is next august. Before I had my DD I wasn't big but I wasn't tiny either I was nice sized. Well the pregnancy got to me I was lazy and I always wanted to eat but now, im done with this fat. I'm tired of it weighing me down! I have been working out for more than a week now and I'm starting to eat better also. I'm so proud of myself and I'm already feeling better. I weigh 215 pounds right now. By the new year I want to be atleast 185 I'm hoping that that's not to much but I think it's possible. Just wanted to share since I finally have hope that there's a light at the end of this tunnel and I will be a happier person in the end :)
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
des-momma
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM
You go girl! If you are determined its possible, just keep at it and remember even if its a pound its something. I lost 45lbs in 4 months so yea its possible
Prettyllover
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Thanks! 😃 I need to figure out how to calm my mind down and go to bed early so I can get up before the kids are up and ready to bother me while I'm trying to workout lol I'm very determined ! I don't think I've ever been this determined about something ever before

Quoting des-momma:

You go girl! If you are determined its possible, just keep at it and remember even if its a pound its something. I lost 45lbs in 4 months so yea its possible

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group Niki!  Glad you are here:)  You have ambitious goals...30 pounds in 2 months is way too much to be honest.  If you do lose that much that fast, it won't be healthy and you'll have a hard time keeping it off.  Why not focus on a lifestyle change which would help you lose 1-2 pounds per week and you'd be more likely to keep it off.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:04 AM

That's a lot to lose so fast...how did you do it?  Just curious:)

Quoting des-momma:

des-momma
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM
My kids work out with me they really enjoy it.

Quoting Prettyllover:

Thanks! 😃 I need to figure out how to calm my mind down and go to bed early so I can get up before the kids are up and ready to bother me while I'm trying to workout lol I'm very determined ! I don't think I've ever been this determined about something ever before

Quoting des-momma:

des-momma
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM
I did zumba, px90, and running I switched everyday to confuse my body. If you stay on a work out routine your body gets used to get and will stop losing weight. Also I don't diet, I cut portions down a lot to get my stomach to it original size and not stretched out. People thinking dieting helps but the moment you fall with a diet the weight come right back on..... also adding extra protein.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting des-momma:

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM

First, welcome to the group.  And good for you, for deciding to do this.

Losing 30 lbs in 2 months is a pretty hefty goal.  What about making other goals, like drinking so much water a day, or working out so many min. a day/ week... and leave the numbers out of it?   I'd hate to see you get upset that it isn't happening fast enough, and quit. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Interesting....nice job mama!

Quoting des-momma:

I did zumba, px90, and running I switched everyday to confuse my body. If you stay on a work out routine your body gets used to get and will stop losing weight. Also I don't diet, I cut portions down a lot to get my stomach to it original size and not stretched out. People thinking dieting helps but the moment you fall with a diet the weight come right back on..... also adding extra protein.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting des-momma:

des-momma
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Thanks

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Interesting....nice job mama!

Quoting des-momma:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting des-momma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN