Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Has your significant others attitude changed with your weight loss?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:02 PM
  • 3 Replies

My DH has been really supportive during my weight loss. It is slow and steady but I am getting there. My neighbor is also my workout partner and getting healthier too.

Her DH is not so supportive. She was so happy to be down a couple of sizes but he seems to bothered by it. She says he seems insecure about her weight loss and nothing she says to him helps.

The last few weeks, she has been making excuses more often than not to not go to the gym with me. All the excuses are legitimate BUT before, if there was a schedule conflict, she would work around it even if it meant we went at later times or we went separately. 

I think she is trying to pacify him by not working out as much. I wish I knew what to say to her. I hate to see all her progress go to waste.

Does anyone else have experience with this? Has anyone else had a significant other whose attitude changed toward them with weight loss?

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband has always been supportive... Sometimes it helps if you get your SO involved in the process.. My husband is getting into his health kick and even more supportive about my fitness journey. Maybe try to invite him to go with you guys... Or tell your gf to go with her hubby. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:47 PM

My husband is extremely supportive...I couldn't do it without him:)  

twnkedee
by Tia on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:02 AM

Mine too!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

My husband is extremely supportive...I couldn't do it without him:)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN