Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lost and don't know what to do anymore

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:30 AM
  • 78 Replies

last October i started working on loosing weight. i did good for a while. i lost 35 pounds total in the last year. but i have not lost any weight in nine months. i have continuted to workout the whole time i even added more and diffrent exersises and nothing. i drink only water and between 3-6 bottles of it a day. fresh fruit or yogurt for breakfast. lunch i have a wrap or roasted chicken salad. dinner lean beef tacos, wrap, unwhich, soup, or baked chicken. and i have veggies such as corn, green beans, carrots, and some times a sweet poatatoe with dinner. for an afternoon snack fresh fruit or raw veggie. and if i get hungry after dinner i have a frozen greek yogurt bar or a fiber one snack. what am i doing wrong? why am i not loosing any more no matter how hard i try?

Sarah      10-16-06                                     Luciano 11-27-08

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

It's highly possible you aren't eating enough food.  Do you know your BMR?  If not, we can help.  I just need your height, weight, age, and number of days you workout each week.  Sounds like you're eating all the right foods.  

ambermario4ever
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:36 AM

i have been told it is between 1200-1300. but i am 5 2 i weigh 150, i am 26 and i work out seven days a week. i am eating between 1200-1500 calories a day and burn 800 calories a day which would put me at the 500 defict a day that you need to loose weight.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

It's highly possible you aren't eating enough food.  Do you know your BMR?  If not, we can help.  I just need your height, weight, age, and number of days you workout each week.  Sounds like you're eating all the right foods.  

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:00 PM

have you actually lost NO weight at all in that time, or you have, but only a little?

12-1300 seems low-if you are working out

ambermario4ever
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:07 PM

i have lost no weight at all in nine months. and it is not low since you are supposed to have a 500 deficit. 1200-1300 is how many calories i burn if i dont workout. i am eating 12001500 a day and burn 800 with exerises which puts me at the 500 deficit you have to be at a day to loose weight.

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

have you actually lost NO weight at all in that time, or you have, but only a little?

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Quoting ambermario4ever:

i have lost no weight at all in nine months. and it is not low since you are supposed to have a 500 deficit. 1200-1300 is how many calories i burn if i dont workout. i am eating 12001500 a day and burn 800 with exerises which puts me at the 500 deficit you have to be at a day to loose weight.

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Not to sound/ be rude, but You asked...

If you are stuck on those numbers then, carry on..

I'm not sure what else could be the problem if you are doing different work outs and drinking water...

talk to a doctor maybe?

ambermario4ever
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:16 PM

my insurance dose not start till january so i cant till then.

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Not to sound/ be rude, but You asked...

If you are stuck on those numbers then, carry on..

I'm not sure what else could be the problem if you are doing different work outs and drinking water...

talk to a doctor maybe?

JayTee80
by New Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:20 PM

What are you doing that you are burning 800 cals/day with exercises?  You might be, but that number seems very high.  If you are going by what the workout machines tell you, the amount of calories burned is only an estimate.  If your fitness is improving, you will also start needing to work harder to burn more as your body will become more efficient.  I would maybe work with a trainer for a bit if you have access to a gym, and talk with your doctor or a nutritionist.  You may need your thyroid checked if you are truly burning that much and not losing.  If you are on any medications, those can also impact weight loss. 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:24 PM
That sounds too low. I never lose at that range. What's your age, height, weight and how often are you working out? Are you nursing?

What always happens to me when I would go below 1500 cal/day is I my body would slow down my metabolism then I couldn't fight the cravings snymore and splurge for a day that didn't seem like much but totally sabotaged my progress.

I figured out my bmr through fat2fitradio.com (and listened to their podcasts for motivation). I found out my bmr was closer to 1600 calories and my activity level my calorie goal was closer to 2000 calories per day. My goal is now 1800-2000 cal/day. I've lost 40lbs. Move more and eat ENOUGH is my mantra now! I hate it when ppl just say "eat less". Know how much your body needs to function and give it those calories. But also make sure those calories are real food and not processed junk!

Quoting ambermario4ever:

i have been told it is between 1200-1300. but i am 5 2 i weigh 150, i am 26 and i work out seven days a week. i am eating between 1200-1500 calories a day and burn 800 calories a day which would put me at the 500 defict a day that you need to loose weight.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

ambermario4ever
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:58 PM

i do an exercise bike and some arms and legs with weights. i have slowly been turning up the tension on the bike. and adding more reps with my other exercises as well. i can not afford a gym or trainer. and i do not have a doctor right now. my insurance kicks in in January. the only med is bc. 

Quoting JayTee80:

What are you doing that you are burning 800 cals/day with exercises?  You might be, but that number seems very high.  If you are going by what the workout machines tell you, the amount of calories burned is only an estimate.  If your fitness is improving, you will also start needing to work harder to burn more as your body will become more efficient.  I would maybe work with a trainer for a bit if you have access to a gym, and talk with your doctor or a nutritionist.  You may need your thyroid checked if you are truly burning that much and not losing.  If you are on any medications, those can also impact weight loss. 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

ambermario4ever
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM

i am 26, 5 2 and 150 pounds i workout everyday. no my youngest is four.

Quoting audmom1218:

That sounds too low. I never lose at that range. What's your age, height, weight and how often are you working out? Are you nursing?

What always happens to me when I would go below 1500 cal/day is I my body would slow down my metabolism then I couldn't fight the cravings snymore and splurge for a day that didn't seem like much but totally sabotaged my progress.

I figured out my bmr through fat2fitradio.com (and listened to their podcasts for motivation). I found out my bmr was closer to 1600 calories and my activity level my calorie goal was closer to 2000 calories per day. My goal is now 1800-2000 cal/day. I've lost 40lbs. Move more and eat ENOUGH is my mantra now! I hate it when ppl just say "eat less". Know how much your body needs to function and give it those calories. But also make sure those calories are real food and not processed junk!

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)