Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

lost and don't know what to do anymore

last October i started working on loosing weight. i did good for a while. i lost 35 pounds total in the last year. but i have not lost any weight in nine months. i have continuted to workout the whole time i even added more and diffrent exersises and nothing. i drink only water and between 3-6 bottles of it a day. fresh fruit or yogurt for breakfast. lunch i have a wrap or roasted chicken salad. dinner lean beef tacos, wrap, unwhich, soup, or baked chicken. and i have veggies such as corn, green beans, carrots, and some times a sweet poatatoe with dinner. for an afternoon snack fresh fruit or raw veggie. and if i get hungry after dinner i have a frozen greek yogurt bar or a fiber one snack. what am i doing wrong? why am i not loosing any more no matter how hard i try?

Sarah      10-16-06                                     Luciano 11-27-08

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Replies (11-20):
VeggieRunnerMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

you need to NET you BMR.

So if 1800 is your BMR and you work out and burn 800 calories you have to EAT BACK those 800 calories.

YES I know it doesn't make sense BUT I do know it works!

JayTee80
by New Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Birth control could be what is making it more difficult.  Once you see a doctor you might want to talk with them about switching to different type of pill and see if it helps. 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

i do an exercise bike and some arms and legs with weights. i have slowly been turning up the tension on the bike. and adding more reps with my other exercises as well. i can not afford a gym or trainer. and i do not have a doctor right now. my insurance kicks in in January. the only med is bc. 

Quoting JayTee80:

What are you doing that you are burning 800 cals/day with exercises?  You might be, but that number seems very high.  If you are going by what the workout machines tell you, the amount of calories burned is only an estimate.  If your fitness is improving, you will also start needing to work harder to burn more as your body will become more efficient.  I would maybe work with a trainer for a bit if you have access to a gym, and talk with your doctor or a nutritionist.  You may need your thyroid checked if you are truly burning that much and not losing.  If you are on any medications, those can also impact weight loss. 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

i have lost no weight at all in nine months. and it is not low since you are supposed to have a 500 deficit. 1200-1300 is how many calories i burn if i dont workout. i am eating 12001500 a day and burn 800 with exerises which puts me at the 500 deficit you have to be at a day to loose weight.

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

have you actually lost NO weight at all in that time, or you have, but only a little?

12-1300 seems low-if you are working out

morgan483
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:22 PM

What is your current height and weight? Maybe you are not eating enough "fuel" to burn the calories you need.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:29 PM

You have to have a deficit to loose weight of at least 500 calories a day. 

Quoting VeggieRunnerMom:

you need to NET you BMR.

So if 1800 is your BMR and you work out and burn 800 calories you have to EAT BACK those 800 calories.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Not on a pill. I am doing depo. I never gained weight with it and I lost the first 35 easily while on it. 

Quoting JayTee80:

Birth control could be what is making it more difficult.  Once you see a doctor you might want to talk with them about switching to different type of pill and see if it helps. 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

i do an exercise bike and some arms and legs with weights. i have slowly been turning up the tension on the bike. and adding more reps with my other exercises as well. i can not afford a gym or trainer. and i do not have a doctor right now. my insurance kicks in in January. the only med is bc. 

Quoting JayTee80:

What are you doing that you are burning 800 cals/day with exercises?  You might be, but that number seems very high.  If you are going by what the workout machines tell you, the amount of calories burned is only an estimate.  If your fitness is improving, you will also start needing to work harder to burn more as your body will become more efficient.  I would maybe work with a trainer for a bit if you have access to a gym, and talk with your doctor or a nutritionist.  You may need your thyroid checked if you are truly burning that much and not losing.  If you are on any medications, those can also impact weight loss. 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

i have lost no weight at all in nine months. and it is not low since you are supposed to have a 500 deficit. 1200-1300 is how many calories i burn if i dont workout. i am eating 12001500 a day and burn 800 with exerises which puts me at the 500 deficit you have to be at a day to loose weight.

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

have you actually lost NO weight at all in that time, or you have, but only a little?

12-1300 seems low-if you are working out

ambermario4ever
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:30 PM

5 2 and 150

Quoting morgan483:

What is your current height and weight? Maybe you are not eating enough "fuel" to burn the calories you need.

VeggieRunnerMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:31 PM
3 moms liked this

I know you keep saying that :)

I've lost 90 pounds. So I think I can say I know what I am talking about!

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting VeggieRunnerMom:

you need to NET you BMR.

ripemango
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:32 PM

track your calories...even if you feel like you are consuming only healthy foods, too many calories of even healthy food with not allow you to lose weight.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Congrats on your weight loss. 

Quoting VeggieRunnerMom:

I know you keep saying that :)

I've lost 90 pounds. So I think I can say I know what I am talking about!

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting VeggieRunnerMom:

you need to NET you BMR.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I have been since i started last year. 

Quoting ripemango:

track your calories...even if you feel like you are consuming only healthy foods, too many calories of even healthy food with not allow you to lose weight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)