Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Losing weight after a C section

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:24 AM
  • 9 Replies

I just had my 3rd C section on 10/25... I am not allowed to do any real exercise for 6-8 weeks and no real walking for 4 weeks... Right now all I am doing is watching what I eat, drinking fluids, and breastfeeding... Is there anything else I can do that won't hurt my C section? I want to lose 100 pounds as my all over goal and I have lost about 21 pounds as of today... Anyone have any tips?

Goal: 100 pounds

1 year goal: 50 pounds by 10/25/14

Mini goal: 5 pounds by 12/1/13

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I would suggest letting your body fully heal and getting the okay first from your doctor. Keep eating healthy and drinking lots of water (all that will help with breastfeeding) the weight will come off but no reason to push before your body is ready it will take longer to heal.
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM
I would wait till you check up and then find out what your doctor says. I have a vaginal delivery and would have in no way been ready to do anything till 6 to 8 weeks after my first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
askstratman
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I had C-sections with both of my girls and diet was the main component of my weight loss at first since I had to learn to eat for 1 and not 2 again.  I did go back to work 10 days after both of my girls were born (long story) and I found the walking, SLOWLY!, and doing simple arm and leg exercises helped me stay strong, I would definately avoid any core activity.  It can be done! 

good luck

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Rest, drink lots of water, and enjoy your new baby!

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:56 PM

You should be discussing this with your OB, not us.  He/she will give you the best information about diet and exercise.

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:27 PM
I think what you are doing right now is more than enough. Wait until you go for your post ppart um check before you start back to working out.
Please make sure you are eating enough while breastfeeding. You can have one of the girls do your calories..plus the extra for nursing. The weight will come off pretty fast right now with just making good food choices, drinking water and nursing. espespecially if you say you have a good bit to lose.
I only say this...because I'm speaking from experience. :)
Congrats on your new little one!
srehman
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:31 AM
For sure wait for your check up if your dr said not even to walk for 4 weeks. If you call you can ask about maybe lifting like 1-2 lb dumbbells on the couch.
But I doubt that it would be approved bc you have been advised not to walk for a while. Just take it slow and enjoy your bundle. Trust me I know how hard it is to want to get going! I had vaginal birth and I waited three weeks and then got on the treadmill cause I just couldn't take it anymore. So, I understand :) but try to enjoy your little one it doesn't last for long! And congrats on what you have done so far! That is amazing :))))))
Molimomma
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Not yet, but once your incision heals I highly recommend swimming. It really helps burn calories, low impact, and helps get your core muscles back too. Obviously this is not the season but if you have a gym or YMCA with an indoor pool around you it really, really helps! I bought myself a kick board to help me do laps because I got fatigued really quickly and it will help keep you going when you feel like quitting.

chickensmommy
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Did you have complications? My OB said I could walk within a couple weeks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)