Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Anyone have tailbone problems after they lost weight?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mine is killing me! I know it's the weight loss.

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Replies (21-28):
Janet
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Thanks, I hope it doesn't take a year. :(

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I lost over 100 lbs., too. I think it took a year or so after the weight loss before I didn't notice it anymore. I also had a lot of hip pain.

Congrats! It will get better.

Quoting Janet:

Thank you, that's what I'm hoping for!

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Yes! Especially sitting in the bathtub. The pain, discomfort eventually went away for me though.

KikiKia
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Maybe your body is simply adjusting to your new frame.  I did a quick google and this seems pretty common.  

Congrats on your loss but I am so sorry you are suffering from pain. :( Hopefully with time it goes away.

Quoting Janet:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I lost over 100 lbs., too. I think it took a year or so after the weight loss before I didn't notice it anymore. I also had a lot of hip pain.

Quoting Janet:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Yes! Especially sitting in the bathtub. The pain, discomfort eventually went away for me though.

Sewsofun
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Right now I am sufferring from lower back pain.  I lost about 37 lbs over the spring and summer then backslid 6 lbs.  I'm losing again and my butt fat always went up high so it was over my bottom couple vertabrae.  Now that I'm losing that fat (yay!) I'm dealing with my back going into spasm as it adjusts.  It's losing some support and I've always had a weak back so its understandable.  But for those of you suffering, you could try some of the time sitting on those hemmorrhoid donut pillows.  But just like when you have a job when you're on your feet all day, at first its really hard, on your feet then you get used to it, you have to spend some of the time getting used to it.

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Hmm, my butt gets numb when I sit for longer periods of time and it never did before.  I wonder if thats beccause my weight loss?

Janet
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Could be, you don't have all that padding.

Quoting Vertical15:

Hmm, my butt gets numb when I sit for longer periods of time and it never did before.  I wonder if thats beccause my weight loss?

Janet
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your back. I hope that gets better soon. I went out and bought a bootee cushion made for the tailbone. It helps if you are on a hard surface but not on the couch. But I can't sit back in my computer chair sitting on it! So my back hurts.

Quoting Sewsofun:

Right now I am sufferring from lower back pain.  I lost about 37 lbs over the spring and summer then backslid 6 lbs.  I'm losing again and my butt fat always went up high so it was over my bottom couple vertabrae.  Now that I'm losing that fat (yay!) I'm dealing with my back going into spasm as it adjusts.  It's losing some support and I've always had a weak back so its understandable.  But for those of you suffering, you could try some of the time sitting on those hemmorrhoid donut pillows.  But just like when you have a job when you're on your feet all day, at first its really hard, on your feet then you get used to it, you have to spend some of the time getting used to it.

Janet
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Thank you for doing that. It was so sweet of you. :)

Quoting KikiKia:

Maybe your body is simply adjusting to your new frame.  I did a quick google and this seems pretty common.  

Congrats on your loss but I am so sorry you are suffering from pain. :( Hopefully with time it goes away.

Quoting Janet:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Quoting Janet:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Strange that I never thought of that being the cause!

Quoting Janet:

Could be, you don't have all that padding.

Quoting Vertical15:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)