Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Are you buying as you lose?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

I was looking at the dream outfit post and got to thinking...do you buy new things as you lose weight and drop inches?

Or do you make do with what you have and are waiting until you are at  your goal before buying anything new?

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I made do with what i had until i outshrunk my smallest size. Now I have slowly been gathering items along the way. I had hoped to do one big trip..but seeing as that is 1. expensive and 2...I'm not to my goal yet..and don't know howbmy body will change between now and then.
So i buy things here and there and swing into thrift stores when i can. :)
momlovestorun
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I buy new clothes when I need them. 

I'm close enough to my goal where even when I get there they will still fit. 

I have to dress nice because I work. My sister and I had a lot of clothes saved from when we were thin so we went through those. Most of those are all too big for us now which is AWESOME!!!

TS9509
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I wore what I had until it was just to big then I bought a few pairs of cheap pants and a few tops here and there but didn't buy any nicer more expensive items until I was at my goal weight and toned up. Lucky with work I wear scrubs so those lasted a long time and we wear scrub tops or company t shirts so I would grab a few t shirts that fit better here and there.
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I spend about 50 twice a year on whatever size I am at the time. I shop at goodwill though so that gets me a long way. I an planning on a shopping trip when I'm closer to my goal weight
VeggieRunnerMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I totally lucky and a lady on a garage group on FB had the next 2 sizes I needed. I bought almost 3 full garbage bags of clothes from her!!! Just pulled out the smallest size (14)

Unless I get lucky like that again. I will probably make due until I need to buy 10's :)

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I wore a lot of my stuff until I just look completely ridiculous, or it literally is falling off- had that problem at zumba a couple weeks ago...had to keep pulling my pants up! 

I don't go on spree's or anything, but I buy stuff here and there the last couple months

brandi185
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:22 PM

if it's something i don't normally wear outside of the house i'll hold onto it until it's falling off.  everything else gets donated or tossed as soon as it looks too big, usually when my bra band shows.  as for jeans, i usually wear them out before they get to the point of being too big.

slapdashmom
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I just got rid of all of my 20s, and am getting rid of my 18s this week. I bought two pair of 16s today, and am going to rotate wearing those until January when I'm hopefully in a 14. :) 14 is my goal size, so if I'm happy at a 14 I will go crazy and buy a TON.. but if I'm not, I'll wait til a 12.. then go crazy with it. :)

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I do buy as I lose.  Because I want to keep that incentive going, and feel good with how i look.  Not anything too expensive.  But, I'm constantly moving things in and out.  Love It1

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN