Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What are you doing with them?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 14 Replies

The clothes that no longer fit... what are you doing with them?

Donating?  Selling on ebay?  Putting away in case you need them again in the future?

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I have a pair of jeans that are about 3 sizes too big and I still keep them. I wear them with a belt on laundry day. The jeans still look new so I see no sense in selling them or giving them away.

LaniBee
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I've kept all of my clothes that don't fit - either way (too big or too small)!  I keep my larger pants for when it's "that time of the month" because they are loose and more comfortable.  I hate feling like a stuffed sausage!  

momlovestorun
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I give them away to friends that can wear them or use as "goal" clothes themselves.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I am doing the same... But it's for my mom, sister and cousins. My mom has gotten down from a 22 to my old 16 jeans. It's really motivating to others to see their results and help them keep moving toward to catch up with you. 

Quoting momlovestorun:

I give them away to friends that can wear them or use as "goal" clothes themselves.

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:01 PM
I kept one of my largest pair of jeans and a sweater.
The rest got donated, or sold. I was keeping one size up in clothes there for a while..However, since i have been getting closer to my ultimate goal..I have not been keeping a size up. I may keep the size I am in now until i hit my goal. That all depends on how many sizes i drop in the next 20ish lbs.

when I first started losing, I donated most of my items. Now I am selling most of them because I have less. lol
Can't wait to get to my 'forever size' and start building an awesome collection of outfits. :)
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:06 PM

donating, or tossing.  Gave a few to my daughter

slapdashmom
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I give them away as I outgrow them. NEVER would I keep my fat clothes... that's just ASKING for failure.
Hadadat
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I usually gave them away to Good Will. If they were an expensive pair, I may keep them in a bucket.

crabbyD
by Diana on Nov. 8, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I've given to friends, donated, tossed, or sold in garage sales.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
viktoriawild
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I know great service that you can use, girls can swipe thier clothing with each other.

Friend of mine do it http://99dresses.com/

Also you can domate your clothing though them and they will deliver it to people who really need it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)