Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New week = new goals!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM
  • 33 Replies

How did you do this past week ladies?  Go back to our weekly goals post from last week and check in!

Do you have any goals for this coming week?  Share with us, and we'll keep each other accountable!

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I got in my mileage last week, squats and planks, but didn't lose the pound I wanted to lose.  Gotta keep going though.  Not giving up!  I want to stay on track this week even though my dad is coming in town to visit late Monday afternoon and staying until Thursday.

Sunday - 3-4 mile treadmill run, planks, squats, pushups (adding pushups to my routine this week)

Monday - 5-6 mile treadmill run, TRX training

Tuesday - 6-7 mile trail run

Wednesday - 3-4 mile treadmill run, planks, squats, push-ups

Thursday - 7-9 mile trail run

Friday - 3-4 mile run

Saturday - Rest day

3kidz123
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:12 PM

This week I'm ignoring the scale...I was trying to get to the 140's by the 16th of Nove but I'm more focused now on weight lifting and building up muscle. My goals for this week are to find a good protien powder, work on tweeking my diet so it's higher in carbs and protien but breaking it down so I'm eating 6 times a day and eating my carbs at the right times. Last is WATER, WATER, WATER! lol

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Last week I did great.  6 out of 7 days exercised.  Only missed one strength session.  This is my plan for next week: 

Sun: Run 2 miles, kettle bells

Mon: Spin class

Tues: Run 4 miles, kettle bells

Wed: Spin class, aqua zumba

Thurs: Run 2 miles, kettle bells

Friday: Active Rest, walk

Sat: Run 3 miles 

Saturday will be the challenge because I'll be staying with family. 

Isaiah4031
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM

darbyakeep45, Are you following a program for your runs and exercise or are you doing your own thing? I'm trying to get started and looking for a place to start.

twnkedee
by Tia on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Well, seeing as I had to nurse a pulled calf all week long I sadly made none of my goals last week... so this week I am hoping to lose 2 pounds and get back at walking again, the calf finally feels better but I am giving it one more day of stretching and ice/heat with rest today. Tomorrow though... watch out here I come! LOL

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Great goals!  You can do it!

Quoting 3kidz123:

This week I'm ignoring the scale...I was trying to get to the 140's by the 16th of Nove but I'm more focused now on weight lifting and building up muscle. My goals for this week are to find a good protien powder, work on tweeking my diet so it's higher in carbs and protien but breaking it down so I'm eating 6 times a day and eating my carbs at the right times. Last is WATER, WATER, WATER! lol

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Glad your calf is getting better:)  

Quoting twnkedee:

Well, seeing as I had to nurse a pulled calf all week long I sadly made none of my goals last week... so this week I am hoping to lose 2 pounds and get back at walking again, the calf finally feels better but I am giving it one more day of stretching and ice/heat with rest today. Tomorrow though... watch out here I come! LOL

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:34 AM

I do my own thing:)  I do plan to get serious with my marathon training around Christmas though.  I'm planning to run a full marathon in March.  My longest training run to date is 15 miles.  

Quoting Isaiah4031:

darbyakeep45, Are you following a program for your runs and exercise or are you doing your own thing? I'm trying to get started and looking for a place to start.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Great plan for the week!  Good luck:)

Quoting audmom1218:

Last week I did great.  6 out of 7 days exercised.  Only missed one strength session.  This is my plan for next week: 

Sun: Run 2 miles, kettle bells

Mon: Spin class

Tues: Run 4 miles, kettle bells

Wed: Spin class, aqua zumba

Thurs: Run 2 miles, kettle bells

GFriday: Active Rest, walk

Sat: Run 3 miles 

Saturday will be the challenge because I'll be staying with family. 

imperfect511
by Amie on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I dont think I set any goals last week, I cant remember. This week my goals are to stick to my written workout schedule, stay within my calories, drink my water, and lower my sugar in my coffee! I love my coffee sweet, so I need to learn to drink it less sweet. I was doing it at one point in 2012, I was down to 2 tsp of sugar, I quit drinking it due to moving and not having my coffee pot. Now I use way too much sugar.

I would love to start running but I cant find a good area to do it in, and I had to sell my treadmill. I am so bummed about that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN