Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Are you planning to count calories during the holidays?

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM
  • 27 Replies
I normally give myself Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day off.
But I'm getting to the point that I just regret the 'cheat days'. I just don't like them like I used to.
I'm seriously considering counting calories during the holidays this year. I will probably go over, but the plan is to track and stay close to on plan.

What are your plans for your holiday meals?
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:37 PM

To eat lol.... Count it as part of life and keep it moving. 

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I don't count on Thanksgiving or Christmas...but I try to stick with it leading up to them and after them.

Last year I gained nothing back at all - even lost through the holidays.

This year will be a little harder since I will be eating out over Thanksgiving weekend at least a few times 

srehman
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I am because those can be the worst days to "let yourself free". If you are someone who makes the whole sha-bang my thoughts are to count calories and enjoy a portion of everything. I modify a lot. I make a devils food cheesecake (1 layer DD 1 layer cheesecake 1 layer DF) it's a hit and everyone loves it. I also make homemade peanut butter fudge (family recipe so definitely not healthy) and cookies. But in saying that we bake our turkey, the stuffing I do a mix of ww and white bread, and then green beans and sweet potato casserole. So, desert is horrible, oh and Brussels sprouts bc that's one of two days a year I make them for dh....I try to eat them! (Funny thing is I like cabbage! Haha). So, yeah, I count calories. For breakfast I make pumpkin pancakes! Mmmm. This year probably won't be pumpkin pancakes but flaxseed pancakes! (Sounds gross but it's really good) anyway, good luck with whatever you decide! I will count calories! (And I choose 1 desert out of anything I make)
RosePetalTears
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:44 AM
I know that I'll be more aware of the calorie intake but I'm not going to beat myself up if i go over. I'm cooking and cleaning for a good 6 hrs on those days plus we'll be in the mountains chasing the kids all over....I'll be burning off plenty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twnkedee
by Tia on Nov. 11, 2013 at 3:50 AM

I am with JerseyAirGurl, I am going to count it but I am also going to try to enjoy it and move on!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope, I'm not going to count calories, but I will be counting carbs (necessary for me anyway.)  I did this last year and actually lost 4 pounds between T-day and New Year.  When you think about it, that makes sense:  most of the high calorie foods have a high carb content. 

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I will be counting but instead of my 1700 cal goal on the holidays I give myself 2000. I figure that extra 600 cal over 2 days isn't going to break me.
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I plan on being very moderate. Just keeping it balanced but also plan on eating some pumpkin pie:)
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh I am hoping to sneak out for a quick run, too!
eclaudin
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I won't count, but I find I can't eat what I once did anyway. Its all the pumpkin goodies that I can't say no to, though!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN