Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What is your biggest challenge?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 59 Replies
1 mom liked this

What is your biggest challenge that you have faced now that you are trying to lose weight?

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:11 PM
4 moms liked this
I think dealing with people who don't understand my goals or journey. I had a friend tell me that he has never seen someone lose as much weight as I have and transform my body without outside help, but he also said he doesn't think I can lose much more because of my body type. Guess he has given me more motivation to keep going.
cjhallmom
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I can understand that, only people who have a goal in mind can understand! Keep up the good work!! =) 

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

I think dealing with people who don't understand my goals or journey. I had a friend tell me that he has never seen someone lose as much weight as I have and transform my body without outside help, but he also said he doesn't think I can lose much more because of my body type. Guess he has given me more motivation to keep going.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Sometimes for me, it is my lack of motivation. I really have to kick myself in the butt sometimes to make sure I go.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:35 PM

getting more fruits- I'm just not that big of a fan other than for bananas, apples or pears from a can. 

livndaybyday
by Alicia on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Mindless snacking. I work night shift, and when I get tired I tend to just want to eat. And I'm always tired :(
ms-superwoman
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:00 AM

My extreme lack of motivation.

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:34 AM
Focus....which is a direct result of lack of time and too many other things to achieve between my kids/family time, work, coaching, and house. I feel like im always trying to achieve something and sometimes other achievements are more important that day or that week.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Same here at times.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Sometimes for me, it is my lack of motivation. I really have to kick myself in the butt sometimes to make sure I go.

Sewsofun
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Finding balance.  I tend to go all out for 2-3 months, see dramatic results and then have a crazy relapse.  I know everyone  always says take it slow, don't change too much too fast but I find that incredibly difficult.  I've been pretty successful at keeping myself together so far this time around ... we will see.  Have to learn that I can't put myself on the back burner even when stressful things try to get in my way.

marcela8021
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Personally for me it wasn't a challenge at all to lose the baby weight. I was determined, I had the right tools (which I am open to sharing if anyone is interested),, there was no TRY for me. My mentality was to go all the way! I stayed determined by being connected with like minded people, read postive books, magazines and so on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)