Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I'm new.

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:46 AM
  • 10 Replies
Hi, my name is Danielle. I have a one year old son who thinks he doesn't need naps. I have put on a lot of weight since he was born and I didn't lose very much after he was born. I am having a lot of pain in my back and my doctor said its due to my extra weight. I would like to lose 60 pounds over the next year but I can't find the motivation or the time. I think it would be easier with a work out buddy but I have only a couple of friends and they always seem to be too busy to do anything especially if I tell them I have my son with me which is almost all the time. I hoping to find so good exercise ideas and some motivation to help me get this weight off.
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Nov. 12, 2013 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group... My one year old son got the same memo about naps and sleep. For workouts I started with YouTube... They have some great HITT workouts. Or investing in some fitness dvds... I like Jillian Michaels collection. Then I worked my way up to running outdoors and eventually back to a gym. I say starting with small goals and challenging yourself. Like with my running I started at doing a mile... Not timed and now I am up to 8 miles when I do run. I kept upping my routines. To lose the weight it's simply burning more calories than you consume.... So that means you need to really focus on what you eat and drink. Think about it... You can burn 1000 calories in an hour of an intense workout and in most restaurants you can consume that in one sitting/meal. Calorie counting and making sure you stick to a deficit range to lose weight works. I don't drink anything other than water and of course coffee (with milk and and sugar) as my treat. You should be drinking half your body weight in water. As I said one goal at a time and it will add up. I lost 74 pounds and my son just turned 1 last month. Anything is possible if you are willing to committed to your goal and stick with it even when you feel like giving up. Good luck and you can do this!!!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 12, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  Motivation has to come from within you.  Make a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight and take that list with you throughout your day.  Hugs mama!

Reina13
by Reina on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Don't look at it as needed to lose 60 pounds. That is such a big goal. Break it down to smaller goals. If you want to lose 60 lbs over the next year that is only 5 lbs a month which is definitely doable.

How is your diet? You can start by cutting out the process foods and eating as cleanly as possible. You can work out at home and get a really good workout. There are so many videos online that you can choose from. Cafemom even has workout videos, here is one I found. You can probably do more by doing a quick search.

You can also look in the challenges and resources forum. The old challenges are there and they have all kinds of recipes and tips and workouts.

ChanningsMom12
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:08 PM

5 pounds a month definitely sounds more doable. My diet is surprisingly very good. I mainly eat fresh fruits and veggies. The only meats i eat are chicken and pork. I do all the cooking for my family and i rarely eat out unless its a special occasion. I only drink water. I'm still breastfeeding my son so i try to eat as healthy as i can. Are there any workouts or even yoga exercises i can do with my son? I did yoga while i was pregnant but haven't since my son was born...

Quoting Reina13:

Don't look at it as needed to lose 60 pounds. That is such a big goal. Break it down to smaller goals. If you want to lose 60 lbs over the next year that is only 5 lbs a month which is definitely doable.

How is your diet? You can start by cutting out the process foods and eating as cleanly as possible. You can work out at home and get a really good workout. There are so many videos online that you can choose from. Cafemom even has workout videos, here is one I found. You can probably do more by doing a quick search.

You can also look in the challenges and resources forum. The old challenges are there and they have all kinds of recipes and tips and workouts.

srehman
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Gonna jump in on this one! Yes there are mommy and me yoga! You can google them or YouTube them
http://youtu.be/98XGDbc2iCA
http://youtu.be/8zMEUfruRzc

Here are a couple I found for you! Good luck mama!

Quoting ChanningsMom12:

5 pounds a month definitely sounds more doable. My diet is surprisingly very good. I mainly eat fresh fruits and veggies. The only meats i eat are chicken and pork. I do all the cooking for my family and i rarely eat out unless its a special occasion. I only drink water. I'm still breastfeeding my son so i try to eat as healthy as i can. Are there any workouts or even yoga exercises i can do with my son? I did yoga while i was pregnant but haven't since my son was born...

Quoting Reina13:

ChanningsMom12
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Quoting srehman:

Gonna jump in on this one! Yes there are mommy and me yoga! You can google them or YouTube them
http://youtu.be/98XGDbc2iCA
http://youtu.be/8zMEUfruRzc

Here are a couple I found for you! Good luck mama!

Quoting ChanningsMom12:

Quoting Reina13:

Thank you. You mommas are AMAZING!!!!
3kidz123
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:59 AM

If you eat that clean and healthy then you really just nead to get moving. Try daily walks with your son...being stuck in the house a lot can cause too little activity and the weight just stays on.

ChanningsMom12
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:54 AM
What should I do since its getting to be winter time? Since I'm a SAHM I have little to no money so I don't go out other than the grocery store once a week. How long should I walk for?

Quoting 3kidz123:

If you eat that clean and healthy then you really just nead to get moving. Try daily walks with your son...being stuck in the house a lot can cause too little activity and the weight just stays on.

3kidz123
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Not sure. I'm a SAHM too and I know from experiance that I loose weight easy when we walk but have a hard time with weight loss when we are home all the time. Since it's getting cold and we have snow here I haven't been walking much if at all...one idea is to try and get in more inside activity like for me our washer and dryer are in the basement so I'll do laundry with the baby in my arms so that i have to make like ten trip up and down the stairs instead of one or two. Also I will limit when I sit down like durring the day I try to stand and walk around the house as much as possible...my son is 2 months so I do a lot of bouncing and pacing. I know some women work out through the day like say your brushing your teath...make that squat time. Or while your child is playing on the floor do jumping jax. It's really a creative effort to workout when your a SAHM, I do sit ups while my son does belly time. lol

Really just anything you can think of to keep active and when you do go shopping park father from the store so you have to walk more. When your dh/so is home try to sneek in 20-60 min workouts. I do that every morning 7 days a week but normally it's between 40-60min. Again it takes creativity but it can be done :)

Quoting ChanningsMom12:

What should I do since its getting to be winter time? Since I'm a SAHM I have little to no money so I don't go out other than the grocery store once a week. How long should I walk for?

Quoting 3kidz123:

ChanningsMom12
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Thank you for the great ideas. I'll definitely have to try that. My son is learning shapes right now so maybe I can find a way to incorporate that instead of having him sit still with his shapes ball.

Quoting 3kidz123:

Not sure. I'm a SAHM too and I know from experiance that I loose weight easy when we walk but have a hard time with weight loss when we are home all the time. Since it's getting cold and we have snow here I haven't been walking much if at all...one idea is to try and get in more inside activity like for me our washer and dryer are in the basement so I'll do laundry with the baby in my arms so that i have to make like ten trip up and down the stairs instead of one or two. Also I will limit when I sit down like durring the day I try to stand and walk around the house as much as possible...my son is 2 months so I do a lot of bouncing and pacing. I know some women work out through the day like say your brushing your teath...make that squat time. Or while your child is playing on the floor do jumping jax. It's really a creative effort to workout when your a SAHM, I do sit ups while my son does belly time. lol

Really just anything you can think of to keep active and when you do go shopping park father from the store so you have to walk more. When your dh/so is home try to sneek in 20-60 min workouts. I do that every morning 7 days a week but normally it's between 40-60min. Again it takes creativity but it can be done :)

Quoting ChanningsMom12:

Quoting 3kidz123:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)