Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Lower body exercises??

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:56 AM
  • 9 Replies
So I workout at home and my workout routine is this
40 arm curls on each arm with a 7 lb weight
10 situps
10 crunches
10 modified pushups
30 windmill toe touches

I need ideas on lower body workouts? I'm thinking squats? Good idea? Any other ideas? Thanks! :-)
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Definitely squats.  I'd also suggest holding the squat position and squeezing thighs/knees together, repeat. 

Bend knee at 90 degree angle while standing and kick back (slowly), bring back to starting position and repeat.

Lunges.

Walking.

Stairs

Bicycling

jump with both feet together (or slightly apart for balance as needed) onto a 6", then 12", then 18" high box or surface, progressing to the higher heights with time.

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:10 PM
I've never fully understood lunges. Do I go all the way down on that one knee or no?

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Thanks for the ideas! :)

Quoting michiganmom116:

Definitely squats.  I'd also suggest holding the squat position and squeezing thighs/knees together, repeat. 

Bend knee at 90 degree angle while standing and kick back (slowly), bring back to starting position and repeat.

Lunges.

Walking.

Stairs

Bicycling

jump with both feet together (or slightly apart for balance as needed) onto a 6", then 12", then 18" high box or surface, progressing to the higher heights with time.

CassieMarie87
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Squats. I was hoping that my ass would look sexy, but it still doesn't lol. BUT it is a lot perkier. Lunges, kick boxing, jumping jacks, running in place, high knees, butt kicks. Also doing a ballerina thing where you stand with feet hip-width apart, and go up on your toes, and back down. Repeat until you can't do it no more, it's excellent for calves. mountain climbers, jump planks. Some yoga ones will work, go into a downward dog position, bring one knee into your chest, and then in a moderate pace kick it out and up as high as you can then bring your knee back in and repeat. It's like a squat, it'll tone your butt. That's all I can think of for now :)

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Thanks for the tips!

Quoting CassieMarie87:

Squats. I was hoping that my ass would look sexy, but it still doesn't lol. BUT it is a lot perkier. Lunges, kick boxing, jumping jacks, running in place, high knees, butt kicks. Also doing a ballerina thing where you stand with feet hip-width apart, and go up on your toes, and back down. Repeat until you can't do it no more, it's excellent for calves. mountain climbers, jump planks. Some yoga ones will work, go into a downward dog position, bring one knee into your chest, and then in a moderate pace kick it out and up as high as you can then bring your knee back in and repeat. It's like a squat, it'll tone your butt. That's all I can think of for now :)

srehman
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM
You want a 90 degree angle on the lunges.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

I've never fully understood lunges. Do I go all the way down on that one knee or no?

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

srehman
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Side kicks also are good and everything else mentioned. I prefer to put a weight bar on the meaty part of my back and do lunges and squats.
Lay on your back raise your feet 1-3" off the ground and kick. Start with 30 seconds and build up from there.
BeachbodyMom77
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I am on week 5 of Brazil Butt Lift and it has been life changing for me! Let me know if you want some info!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)