Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What diet?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM
  • 5 Replies

My husband is only 125lbs and 39yrs. He is on border line fon prediabetes and cholestrol. I started walking and doing some excerise now. Now he is losing weight again which is not good I think. What type of diet and excerise he should do

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:34 AM

Welcome to the group!  Sounds like he needs to gain somew eight.  Has he been to the doctor for tests?  That's my first suggestion.  Sounds like he needs to stay away from exercise at the moment.  Good luck!

seemarani
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:01 PM

he went for his annual checkup and that's when he found that he is border line for cholestrol and prediabetes.

srehman
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:25 PM
He should probably lift weights instead of cardio (talk to your dr first!) and here's a link
www.diabetes.org/.../diabetes-meal-plans-...
It's a meal plan for diabetics. They need to eat every few hours to keep their sugars balanced and also if you don't already eat complex carbs and low glycemic fruits.
Hope this helps :) wishing you the best.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:56 PM

what are his eating habits now?

Did the doctor check for other metabolic issues?  thyroid count?

eating often will only keep his blood sugar levels steady....steadily high if he's eating foods with a lot of carbs.  I am diabetic and I stick to a moderately low carb diet.  I eat all I want of non-starchy veggies, moderate amounts of meat/poultry/fish/eggs,  low glycemic fruits, cheese, coconut oil and olive oil,some sweet potatoes, and nuts/seeds.  No grains/grain foods, no sugar ( these are inflammatory, which raises cholesterol.)  No, this diet doesn't increase cholesterol levels...it'll actually help it go lower.  The high calorie count of most meats will help him get more calories and meats will give him the protein he'll need to put on healthy weight. Coconut oil is also high in calories and very good for CV health.

Google paleo or primal diet.  It did wonders for my health.

seemarani
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks for all the reply

@michiganmom116 - His thyroid count is normal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)