Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I need some help please

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 8 Replies

I'm wanting to know how to cook/bake meat. 

i have cute out soda, drink a lot of water and green tea.

i eat more veggies and furit and cut our potatoes and pasta.

what else could i do. I am new at this and what i have done i have been feeling better and i think i have lost some. I just need some help.. thanks 

yay never had a feature post 

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
srehman
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
So u just want ideas on how to cook protein? I prefer to grill my chicken I love the grill, but when that isn't available (weather) I bake it or pan fry but I use olive oil spray or 1 T of olive oil. Even if it calls for coconut oil (which I might start trying..). My favorite dish right now is homemade meat ball subs! Ugh so good! But I make my meat balls and then bake them instead of frying in oil! And then I add them to the marinara sauce :) easy.
I use whatever seasoning I have on hand. And that's it. I don't fry. Unless me and hubby just want something different...it usually ends up with an upset stomach so I bread it and bake it. I spray a little olive oil spray ( Pam) on top to get the top a little crispy as well and flip it half way or when it's cooked put it on broil for a couple minutes to brown the top.
Hope this helps!
CuzImMOM
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:43 PM

thanks.. i have been making backed bbq chicken and i baked my first breaded pork chops tonight.. I never really new how to cook so i am still learing and tring to cook what i know how healther 

Quoting srehman:

So u just want ideas on how to cook protein? I prefer to grill my chicken I love the grill, but when that isn't available (weather) I bake it or pan fry but I use olive oil spray or 1 T of olive oil. Even if it calls for coconut oil (which I might start trying..). My favorite dish right now is homemade meat ball subs! Ugh so good! But I make my meat balls and then bake them instead of frying in oil! And then I add them to the marinara sauce :) easy.
I use whatever seasoning I have on hand. And that's it. I don't fry. Unless me and hubby just want something different...it usually ends up with an upset stomach so I bread it and bake it. I spray a little olive oil spray ( Pam) on top to get the top a little crispy as well and flip it half way or when it's cooked put it on broil for a couple minutes to brown the top.
Hope this helps!

srehman
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:48 PM
A really helpful tip when using the skillet for your meat is to put a dash of water in the pant to make sure it's hot enough first... The water should sizzle, remove the pan from the heat spray it with your oil and then place it back on the eye and add your meat. I have had the most perfect meat since learning this trick!
Fish is pretty simple it just takes a few minutes on eAch side to cook.
Yeah baking is usually the best you can always butterfly your chicken and stuff it with some hummus, spinach and tomatoes and bake it in the oven that way too.

Quoting CuzImMOM:

thanks.. i have been making backed bbq chicken and i baked my first breaded pork chops tonight.. I never really new how to cook so i am still learing and tring to cook what i know how healther 

Quoting srehman:

Hope this helps!

CuzImMOM
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:50 PM

cool, see that is the stuff i need to learn lol

Quoting srehman:

A really helpful tip when using the skillet for your meat is to put a dash of water in the pant to make sure it's hot enough first... The water should sizzle, remove the pan from the heat spray it with your oil and then place it back on the eye and add your meat. I have had the most perfect meat since learning this trick!
Yeah baking is usually the best you can always butterfly your chicken and stuff it with some hummus, spinach and tomatoes and bake it in the oven that way too.

Quoting CuzImMOM:

Quoting srehman:

Hope this helps!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:25 AM

Welcome!  I like to bake, BBQ, grill, and sautee' my meat.  All kinds!  I also like to roast veggies with a little EVOO and salt/pepper.

srehman
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Sparkpeople.com has good recipes and calories already figured out for you

Quoting CuzImMOM:

cool, see that is the stuff i need to learn lol

Quoting srehman:

Quoting CuzImMOM:

Quoting srehman:

Hope this helps!

BeachbodyMom77
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I love the grill too! Sometimes it is hard in the winter. You can season chicken and get a pan hot with cooking spray. Stick in the pan just to brown on one side then flip and stick the entire pan in the hot oven! Bake at 350 until cooked thru - 10-15 min depending on how thick the chicken is! It will be juicy because you sear the outside before baking. :)

Quoting srehman:

Hope this helps!

shaleasymphony
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I love to use my george foreman grill whenever I can. Grilled flavor plus iit gets a lot of the grease/fat out of the meat
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN