Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should a diabetic limit sugar free snacks?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:06 AM
  • 6 Replies
can a diabetic eat as much sugar less snacks or there is a limit on that as well?
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this

That depends on the carb count of the snacks (all carbs turn to glucose in the body) and whether or not you want to put artificial ingredients in your body.

My favorite sugar free snacks are hard boiled eggs, a handful of nuts, slice of cheese & dill pickle, or cottage cheese.  Sometimes I'll have half of an apple or pear if my blood sugar level is low enough to allow for it.

bonitalilmama
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Thank you, I forgot about the carbs

Quoting michiganmom116:

That depends on the carb count of the snacks (all carbs turn to glucose in the body) and whether or not you want to put artificial ingredients in your body.

My favorite sugar free snacks are hard boiled eggs, a handful of nuts, slice of cheese & dill pickle, or cottage cheese.  Sometimes I'll have half of an apple or pear if my blood sugar level is low enough to allow for it.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

my mom's been diabetic for over 50 years and still doesn't get it  LOL  she buys these sugar free cookies and candies, then wonders why her blood sugar is so high.

Quoting bonitalilmama:

Thank you, I forgot about the carbs

Quoting michiganmom116:

Rhonda

bonitalilmama
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:33 PM

BUMP!

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

just be careful- the ingredients in them can cause...bathroom trips if you eat a lot of it

and also, the carbs

tyfry7496
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Sugar free items can have more carbs than full sugar items.

It really depends on how your carbs are being counted. Check with a dietician.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)