Get Fit Challenge Day 3: Lower Body Strength Training
Welcome to Day 3 of the Get Fit Challenge!
Today we are going to continue with strength training this time targeting the lower body.
Your lower body acts as the base of your support as you walk, run, jump etc.
Your largest muscles are located in your lower body and are essential for basic movement.
The benefits of a strong lower body include:
- Improves bone strength, balance and stamina
- Decreases the chance of injury to knees and hips
- Helps to slow the physical weakness that comes with the aging process
- Improves agility and speed
- Lean muscle means more fat and calories are being burned
Lower body workouts should include exercises targeting your legs, butt and core.
Here are a few great workout videos you can use to get started:
What type of lower body workout do you do?
How often do you work out your lower body?
Do you include core exercises in your work outs?
Share your favorite lower body exercises or workouts with us and how they have helped you.
One member who signs up for our Get Fit Challenge and replies to all 5 of the daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!
Click here to sign up:
Join us for our Get Fit Challenge and WIN a $25 Gift Card!