Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

That "special" time of the month and exercise

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 7 Replies
Seems like when that time rolls around I have no get up and go to exercie. Bloated and crampy, what do you suggest as exercise? Need something alittle less hard core.
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Nov. 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Maybe yoga? I stick with my regular routine honestly... I might not feel like I am up to it but I know I will see the results post the bloat.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Hugs mama...we all get that way.  Just think of how great you'll feel after it's over:)  Go easy on those days...just do less intense versions of what you usually do.  Walking and biking are good ones to do as well.

SarahandBreann
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Great idea. Sometimes I skip the worst day but I'm still puffing along.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama...we all get that way.  Just think of how great you'll feel after it's over:)  Go easy on those days...just do less intense versions of what you usually do.  Walking and biking are good ones to do as well.

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I actually find my "worst" days are actually my best days!! IDK how since I can barely drag myself to the gym, but once I get going, I experience better workouts. And then I go home and die. Haha.
Maybe try working shoulders and arms. I can't seem to do yoga or Pilates on "those" days, my flexibility is shot and I can't hold positions for anything.
But - find what works for you. Good luck! (I have found taking ibuprofen three days before I start, along with magnesium and evening primrose oil is helping with my cramps - look into it if they are a problem for you.)
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I still do zumba and always feel better after...

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I almost always take off the first 2 days of my cycle cause it's just so heavy and my body feels like it should take it easy those days. Especially the first day! It's terrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jazzy2010
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad to know I'm not alone I also take of days during my cycle for the same reasons crapping,tired and heavy bleeding. I just try and sometimes it goes well other not.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)