Flexibility training and stretching are as important to fitness as cardio and strength training.
Flexibility exercises are designed to keep muscles, tendons and joints flexible and improve all over range of motion.
The benefits & importance of flexibility training and stretching include:
- Decreased chance of serious injury
- Improved performance
- Improved posture
- Reduced risk of lower back pain
- Improved muscle coordination
- Increased blood flow and nutrients to the tissue
- Stress relief
- Enhanced enjoyment of physical activities
- Improved sex life
Pilates, Yoga and stretching are all forms of flexibility training. One of the easiest ways to work on your flexibility is by stretching.
Here are some videos to help you on your way!
Are you familiar with flexibility training?
How important is flexibility training to your workouts?
Do you do Yoga or Pilates?
How often do you stretch?