Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Lost INCHES off of everywhere...................except....my hips!

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am getting so frustrated. I have lost 3 inches off my waist. 2 inches of my chest and I don't messuare my arms and legs. but NOTHING from my hips. I used to be proportionate...but FAT now I am a FREAK and nothing looks good on me.

Starting stats this time around for trying:

Bust: 48

Waist: 44

Hips: 54

Todays stats:

Bust: 46

Waist: 41

What can I do to change my HIPS!!!! I do lower ab work outs and thigh exercises...I am doing Jillian Micheals 30 day shred and I am on day 20, I would be happier if you added an inch to the two other numbers if it would take 2 off of my HIPS.

#FRUSTRATED!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms-superwoman
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM

My advice would be to work on the negative body image you have. Just keep working on being healthy.

I have a 10" difference between my waist and hips! A LOT of women are shaped the same, you're not a freak.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

You are honestly better off focusing on the bigger picture rather than focusing in spot reduction

mrsary
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:11 AM
1 mom liked this
My hips are the same way!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:29 AM

Keep at it mama...you can do this!

snowpeasmom
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Ok I will be OK with mu new measurements if you can find pants waist 41 hips 54...wait you can't so I am in a freak size. It's an expression of frustration. My measurements are abbynormal...freakish. I am already used to that...my leg inseam is 37...so find me pants that fit well as winter is here...

I just wanted to know if anyone had suggestions to help with my freaky hips not wanting to go down. At my final size...I don't look at scales because I already know I have more muscle than most and it won't give me an accurate fat lost as I am gaining muscle again. And I don't want to spend money on a good scale. I am looking to be the perfect 10...In size.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

My advice would be to work on the negative body image you have. Just keep working on being healthy.

I have a 10" difference between my waist and hips! A LOT of women are shaped the same, you're not a freak.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

What is your diet like? Makes all the difference in the world... And makes the biggest difference in seeing the results from your exercise.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Ok I will be OK with mu new measurements if you can find pants waist 41 hips 54...wait you can't so I am in a freak size. It's an expression of frustration. My measurements are abbynormal...freakish. I am already used to that...my leg inseam is 37...so find me pants that fit well as winter is here...

I just wanted to know if anyone had suggestions to help with my freaky hips not wanting to go down. At my final size...I don't look at scales because I already know I have more muscle than most and it won't give me an accurate fat lost as I am gaining muscle again. And I don't want to spend money on a good scale. I am looking to be the perfect 10...In size.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

snowpeasmom
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Morning I have cup of fresh fruit, 8 oz of coconut milk yogurt, and 1 price of whole wheat peanut butter toast. Water to drink

Morning snack raw almonds and water

Lunch either a salad with meat in it and small roll dressing is always vinegar and pepper. Or 1/2 turkey and veggie sandwich with 1/2 cup of grapes I only drink water

Afternoon I work out and then have 8 oz of dark chocolate almond milk

Dinner 2 servings of veggies, 4 ozs of meat, and sometimes...1/2 cup of potato usually sweet, and/or roll

Night time snack 2 cups of frozen berries blended with almond milk

Altogether 2000 calories. I drink 140 oz of water

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

What is your diet like? Makes all the difference in the world... And makes the biggest difference in seeing the results from your exercise.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok with food... You are hitting your six meals a day which is great. Make sure its every three to two hours. I would try cutting out the bread and milk.... Aim for a protein, carb and healthy fat at every meal. Instead of bread for a carb try sweet potatoes or yams which I see you eat...or brown rice (I do gluten free rice and oats). For healthy fats... Avocado or EVOO. Try some fish in your diet... And fruits and veggies that you are doing keep it up. Once you zone in your diet...I am telling you that you will see the results. I do morning cardio 45 minutes with core work...  and lift for an hour at night. I let the diet do the most work. I have never seen my hip bones (well in high school I did... But I never really ate either) till recently. Reminder after children hips widen usually and what they are is what they are... You can only do everything possible to take the fat off of them which comes through diet and exercise. Below I added pictures of my hips and thighs (I've always been curvy). 

Me in college 2005 hips and thighs

Me in 2011

2012 6 weeks after having my first

Picture of my weirdo tummy waist and hips ^^^^^^^^^^

Pictures this week of me

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Morning I have cup of fresh fruit, 8 oz of coconut milk yogurt, and 1 price of whole wheat peanut butter toast. Water to drink

Morning snack raw almonds and water

Lunch either a salad with meat in it and small roll dressing is always vinegar and pepper. Or 1/2 turkey and veggie sandwich with 1/2 cup of grapes I only drink water

Afternoon I work out and then have 8 oz of dark chocolate almond milk

Dinner 2 servings of veggies, 4 ozs of meat, and sometimes...1/2 cup of potato usually sweet, and/or roll

Night time snack 2 cups of frozen berries blended with almond milk

Altogether 2000 calories. I drink 140 oz of water

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

BeachbodyMom77
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Have you heard of Brazil Butt Lift?? By far the best hip slimmer!!! I am on week 6. I have a group that is doing it! :)

Quoting snowpeasmom:

I am getting so frustrated. I have lost 3 inches off my waist. 2 inches of my chest and I don't messuare my arms and legs. but NOTHING from my hips. I used to be proportionate...but FAT now I am a FREAK and nothing looks good on me.

Starting stats this time around for trying:

Bust: 48

Waist: 44

Todays stats:

Bust: 46

Waist: 41

What can I do to change my HIPS!!!! I do lower ab work outs and thigh exercises...I am doing Jillian Micheals 30 day shred and I am on day 20, I would be happier if you added an inch to the two other numbers if it would take 2 off of my HIPS.

#FRUSTRATED!!!!

BeachbodyMom77
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Mobile Photo

This is my change in 4 weeks. Oct 13 - Nov 14. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)