Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I don't know where to start!

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM
  • 36 Replies

Mobile Photo

I just had my second baby 7 (almost 8) weeks ago. I am breastfeeding, I don't know how much I weigh because I don't own a scale.
I'm tired of being this size.
My Dr says no cardio since I have POTS, it's a heart condition. He also says no walking long distances or running because of my EDS.
:-/
He said I'm allowed to swim and do yoga...
Help, please?! Where can I start?
(I know my belly is nasty, sorry)
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ur2ndchance
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Do you have or can you get a YMCA membership? They have some great classes that you can do at your own pace, including yoga. Plus, the pool for fun family time or you to go swim for a while. AND you get 2 hours per day of child care... It stinks that you're so limited...but do what you can. Good luck!

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Swimming!! Simple laps are great for a full body workout.

Yoga and Pilates - my gym has yoga for free.

Look into what's available to you in your area.

Don't worry about your stomach - mine looks the same and my baby is 9 last week. It's his dad's fault - fat head is hereditary.
JoyfulMemories
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Hi!  First of all, congratulations on your new baby.  I know it's so difficult to lose the weight you put on with pregnancy.  Just remember it took you 9 months to gain it so it won't come off in a few weeks. wink mini

You have received some sound advice.  Take good care of yourself, swimming is a wonderful way to get a full body workout.  Be patient.  It' important that you eat and get as much rest as you can with two little ones.  God bless you! 

hugs

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 25, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Welcome and congrats mama!  I would start out by looking at what you eat.  What's your diet like?  What kinds of foods do you eat?  Do you know your BMR?

NewInChrist
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 5:35 PM
I don't know my bmr

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome and congrats mama!  I would start out by looking at what you eat.  What's your diet like?  What kinds of foods do you eat?  Do you know your BMR?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 25, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I can help you with that...just need your age, height, weight, number of days you plan to workout each week, and if you're nursing or not.

Quoting NewInChrist:

I don't know my bmr

Quoting darbyakeep45:

NewInChrist
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Lol it's dh's fault here, too! Ds1 (2 years old) was 7# 3.25 oz at 36 weeks, ds2 was 9# 10 oz at 38 weeks!

Quoting mybratsmom:

Swimming!! Simple laps are great for a full body workout.

Yoga and Pilates - my gym has yoga for free.

Look into what's available to you in your area.

Don't worry about your stomach - mine looks the same and my baby is 9 last week. It's his dad's fault - fat head is hereditary.

NewInChrist
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 5:39 PM
I don't know my weight, only what I was 2 weeks pp.
I'm 24, 5'4", 236 at 2 weeks pp, 5 days I hope, I am nursing, exclusively.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I can help you with that...just need your age, height, weight, number of days you plan to workout each week, and if you're nursing or not.

Quoting NewInChrist:

I don't know my bmr

Quoting darbyakeep45:

NewInChrist
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Thank you.
I have a hard time eating. In fact mfp said I should eat 1870 calories a day plus 500 for nursing. It's 4:45 and I've only had 440. :-/

Quoting JoyfulMemories:

Hi!  First of all, congratulations on your new baby.  I know it's so difficult to lose the weight you put on with pregnancy.  Just remember it took you 9 months to gain it so it won't come off in a few weeks. wink mini

You have received some sound advice.  Take good care of yourself, swimming is a wonderful way to get a full body workout.  Be patient.  It' important that you eat and get as much rest as you can with two little ones.  God bless you! 

hugs

ToniTennille
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I started off with just changing the way I ate. I didn't do much exercise at first, mostly yoga poses and some tai chi until I shedded 30ish pounds because my knees were really bad. I switched to a Paleo diet. I felt a lot better just after a month. Good luck! I hope you find what works for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)