Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Fell off the Wagon...Help!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM
  • 26 Replies

For the last 6 months I've been eating super healthy, exercising, and lost about 65 pounds. Then all of a sudden we went out of town for Thanksgiving, and I was enjoying myself with my family and the old eating habits crept back up again (large portions and too many sweets!). Plus I wasn't working out. I gained 2.5 pounds over the long 5-day weekend.

What do you do when you "slip up" and make some unhealthy choices?? Give me some motivation to get back on track again tomorrow!!

by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xine7410
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Omg I understand exactly how you feel ! well tomorrow I AM going to start my week switching my meal plan till i dont feel like a hot mess! So i usually eat six times a day 4 meals Complex Carbs and protein and 2 meals veggies and protein SO im going to switch it up and do 2 carb meals and 4 veggies ...

Andrewsmom70
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Go strict for a few days to combat the cravings for the bad stuff.

Lots of water
Maybe extra exercise

srehman
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM
I simply suck it up and say I did it now it's time to fix it and go back over in my head what was the trigger. Then I go kinda strict. So, for me no carbs just for two weeks to curb my cravings (they've been kinda high recently(??)) then back to simple complex carbs and regular eating. I have no reason really. I think it's just stress for me.
FitnessMama4
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:27 AM
3 moms liked this

Just jump right back in and pretend that it didnt happen. These things happen and temptations are always going to be there. I did that for YEARS. Eating way, way, way too much during holidays with the family....last year I just thought...do I really need that much? probably not. I have a little of everything and if I REALLY love something I will have a little more. So point of my story is that eventually....it will get easier, until then just keep moving on.

KikiKia
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
3 moms liked this

I recommit myself.  Get to exercising, and logging my foods. 

I sometimes fast for one day, I call it my "system reset"

BeachbodyMom77
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Me too! I gained 3.5 lbs... And I worked out everyday... That's how bad I ate! I am doing a 3-day Shakeology cleanse (started today) to get rid of toxins and bloating. Should be back on track soon!
AnnaJiang
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I register a program today. It only costs $30 as the new year special. It will include a three months website subscription and a free CORE(a product help me control my hunger). http://bit.ly/1c7X47e

mommyinthe303
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I would love to know your meals...?

Quoting xine7410:

Omg I understand exactly how you feel ! well tomorrow I AM going to start my week switching my meal plan till i dont feel like a hot mess! So i usually eat six times a day 4 meals Complex Carbs and protein and 2 meals veggies and protein SO im going to switch it up and do 2 carb meals and 4 veggies ...

othermom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I need to work harder on lossing weight. I try to keep portions under control

frankiesma530
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm in the same boat.  *sigh*  I was doing well until I got my teeth pulled and I was so happy to be able to eat again, I went nuts.  I'm trying to get back on track.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN