Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Stress Eating

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 10 Replies
I normally don't stress eat but today it's a lot of wait and do nothing so I'm passing my time by eating. How do you ladies overcome thisv
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
srehman
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I try to overcome it by drinking water. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't then I just try to think about what happened and why I am doing it and try to fix the trigger. Maybe have some celery and peanut butter or just some nuts. Stress is a horrible thing! Lol
srehman
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh and some extra workouts even 10 sit-ups or a short walk. That helps too.
AnnaJiang
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Eat sunflower seeds. It takes time to eat and does not has too side effects

3kidz123
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Stress eating every once in a while is fine! It's called comfort food for a reason, but if it's happening more than 4-6 times a year or like weekly then it's a problem. I normally either give in if I really need it or snack on something healthy instead. Gum also helps when I feel like sugar binging...just pick a really sweet gum :)

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM

My stress eating is a bit different, I crave soda. So instead, I've been making myself a cup of tea. If I am craving sweets, I eat a piece of fruit.

MooNFaeRie30
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 5:35 AM

I keep healthy things with me. Or if I am at home I try to only eat fruit and veggies. Note the word try in there. It does help that I am logging so I see what I am putting into my mouth as I eat it.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 4, 2013 at 7:13 AM

You have to find something else to do besides eating when you're stressed....make a list of things you can do besides eating and remind yourself of that list:)  Hugs!

lovegrandbaby
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 7:51 AM

I try to drink water, but most of the time I drink coffee which helps suppress it for a while.

KeishawithaC
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 11:11 PM
I guess instead of eating exercise and drink water might help u forget about eating
croneasm
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I struggle with that big time.  I want bad food or sugar when I stress.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)