Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Mom Angers World After Showing Off 6-Pack 3 Days After Giving Birth

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mom Angers World After Showing Off 6-Pack 3 Days After Giving Birth (PHOTO)

by Ericka Sóuter

caroline berg eriksenOne surefire way to get a mom to roll her eyes? Seeing another mommy drop her baby weight without even trying. It's annoying. It's frustrating. Why? We are jealous, of course. Well, get ready to meet the most eye-roll-worthy woman in the history of motherhood. Just three days after giving birth, Caroline Berg Eriksen showed off her washboard abs and taut, trim thighs via an Instagram pic. Needless to say, the haters have come out of the woodwork to attack. Take a look at the controversial image and judge for yourself:

Of course I understand the annoyance. People say she is making women feel more pressure than they already do. Most of us don't look like that three years after having a baby, much less three days. We can't help but make comparisons even though our circumstances are completely different. Berg Eriksen is married to an athlete and her only job is to sculpt that chiseled body of hers. Seriously. She is a fitness blogger. So it actually is her job to look good.

Not only that, people have leapt at her throat without giving credence to the caption that accompanied the photo. She wrote, "I feel so empty" because her baby bump is now gone. I am sure a lot of women who enjoyed their pregnancies can relate to that.

But I suppose it's much easier to hate this woman than celebrate her. Something similar occurred just a couple months ago when mother-of-three Maria Kang was accused of fat-shaming women. She had posted a revealing photo of herself with the headline, "What's Your Excuse?" Admittedly, that was a bit infuriating. I am sure she meant it to be a motivational method, but it was a slap in the face to many moms. But Berg Eriksen's case is different in my opinion. She says she was told she would never get her body back. And she is simply celebrating the fact that she has. 

If women feel bad about themselves after seeing her photo, that has more to do with them than her. Losing the baby weight is a major struggle for most of us. I would go as far as to say it's terrorizing. And it can greatly affect self-esteem. But that is not this woman's fault. I'll be honest, I would hate to have to look at a BFF with such a ridiculously hot post-baby body. But if I did, I would be genuinely happy for her even if I occasionally rolled my eyes.

What do you think of Berk Eriksen's photo?

Do you think it's an insult to other moms?

Are we as a society too sensitive to images out there and easily get offended?

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sunshine257
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:49 AM
3 moms liked this
People need to get over themselves. She looks great! I don't see the issue. Why can't she share a picture of herself and it not be slammed by others.
Pink.Frosting
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's very wrong for people to hate on her so much.  For whatever reason - great DNA, wonderful health, or a level of fitness before pregnancy that allowed her to bounce right back - that is her truth.  For her, she was able to bounce back so fast and so thoroughly.  Most of the rest of us aren't that lucky but that doesn't mean she did anything wrong!  That body is her truth and she has every right to it.  If we're really honest, if the rest of us could have done that we definitely would have!  But just because we can't doesn't mean we should hate on her.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

She looks AMAZING.  Sure I hate her because I'm jealous, I never had that kind of body even before kids, even in my late teens or 20's lol. She's rocking it!

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Did she caption it with something snarky or was she just proud of herself?
Trying4onemore
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Nope, good for her some women snap back some don't neither is right nor wrong
rfhsure
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Quoting ablackdolphin:

She looks AMAZING.  Sure I hate her because I'm jealous, I never had that kind of body even before kids, even in my late teens or 20's lol. She's rocking it!

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM
It doesn't bother me. It's great for her.
poietes
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I have no issue with this woman. Not at all the same as the "what's your excuse" mom.
TimetoMomUp
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Not even a little.  She looks fantastic!  

Rockabella
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
No issue with this woman. Why should I be offended by someone being in good shape after a baby?

Did I look like that after my babies hell no lol I didn't look like that before my babies but good for her
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)