Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Need some help!! ((Feeling AWFUL))

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hey everyone, its been a while since I have posted anything or commented but I need some major help.

I have gained about 8lbs since August, which is majorly discouraging and I know I need to take some responsibility for not always eating 'perfectly' to lose weight. I can be honest about that. However I try to cut back and end up starving with crappy hypoglycemic issues and I feel like I haven't been able to get a grip on it, lol.

The thing is, I am completely exhausted. All.the.time. I dread days i dont get a nap. As soon as I finally get the baby and toddler down for a nap I am out for a nap, too. I feel like I am dragging myself through the day, energy wise. I am breastfeeding my 6 month old and my 2 yr old likes to nurse a couple times a day (thats a post for another day, lol). I try to get out for walks at the very least and I just end up hurting all over, my knee, my hip, my lower back, lol, I feel like I am falling apart, its terrible! My hips ache terribly if I go for an extended walk with the baby in the carrier.

I know from experience that I don't have an easy time losing weight while breastfeeding but I think I have been letting myself use that as an excuse to stop trying. Ugh. Can I get some ideas and suggestions? Easy meal ideas that are quick to throw together that won't break a budget or require lots of special ingredients? Especially food that wont cause big sugar spikes, Maybe some workout ideas that are fairly easy to squeeze in with the kids? I obviously need to do some strengthening with the knee/hip/back issue, ugh. I just feel lousy and need a pep talk badly! :/

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katherinemcp
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, I should add, I feel okay emotionally and happy and all that, writing that I feel, lousy and tired makes me sound depressed, lol!
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Research research research.

Eat less CRAP, eat more FOOD.

Carbonated Drinks
Refined sugar
Artificial anything
Processed food

Fruits and veggies
Organic lean protein
Omega 3 fatty acids
Drink Water

Just the little that I read says keep your meals low carb, high protein. If you do have carbs, eat protein with it. I also read that you need to eat well more often. Mind you, not more food, more often. Just well spaced out.

Really, I've found that putting a little effort into meal planning (including snacks!) helps me stay on track. And I do the "lots of little meals" - just to keep my snacking at bay.

I have oatmeal in jars, smoothies in bags (just add juice and blend!), nuts in bags, fruits and veggies sliced, salads in jars...with two kids spread a few years apart, I'm running from reading time to debate practice, home to feed the dogs, cub scouts, pick up from golf lessons, dance practice, volunteering - who knows. We only allow fast food once a week (usually on Friday) so it's up to me to make sure I have plenty of healthy snacks ready. I also use my crockpot A LOT.

As for being tired - you're nursing two kids! So you need to EAT. I'd have told my oldest "you're done!" - I could barely keep up with one mouth - IDK how you do it. You're going to need to eat protein, make sure you're getting plenty of iron (add spinach to fruit smoothies!!), make sure you're taking you're vitamins...and drink lots of water!

Maybe something in here helps you, I hope.
hemanclub
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I did weight watchers online and lost 40 lbs.  Biggest problem for me has always been the carbs.  I find it helps to eat a big salad ( be very careful of dressing!) before lunch and dinner.  Try to eat the salad and then wait 20 to 30 minutes before eating the rest of your meal.

katherinemcp
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Thanks! I usually say I'm great about sugary stuff but then again, I use a ton of fat free coffee creamer (in decaf, I cant drink caffeine I feel terrible if I do), and thinking about it, our meals have been pretty carb heavy...as far as my 2 yr old goes, ugh. I've been working on her but we seem to be dealing with a bit of a regression lately that has resulted in lots and lots of tears, so things will be uch easier whenwe get over that hump!

Quoting mybratsmom: Research research research.

Eat less CRAP, eat more FOOD.

Carbonated Drinks

Refined sugar

Artificial anything

Processed food

Fruits and veggies

Organic lean protein

Omega 3 fatty acids

Drink Water

Just the little that I read says keep your meals low carb, high protein. If you do have carbs, eat protein with it. I also read that you need to eat well more often. Mind you, not more food, more often. Just well spaced out.

Really, I've found that putting a little effort into meal planning (including snacks!) helps me stay on track. And I do the "lots of little meals" - just to keep my snacking at bay.

I have oatmeal in jars, smoothies in bags (just add juice and blend!), nuts in bags, fruits and veggies sliced, salads in jars...with two kids spread a few years apart, I'm running from reading time to debate practice, home to feed the dogs, cub scouts, pick up from golf lessons, dance practice, volunteering - who knows. We only allow fast food once a week (usually on Friday) so it's up to me to make sure I have plenty of healthy snacks ready. I also use my crockpot A LOT.

As for being tired - you're nursing two kids! So you need to EAT. I'd have told my oldest "you're done!" - I could barely keep up with one mouth - IDK how you do it. You're going to need to eat protein, make sure you're getting plenty of iron (add spinach to fruit smoothies!!), make sure you're taking you're vitamins...and drink lots of water!

Maybe something in here helps you, I hope.
SlimTabulous
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

YOU can do this, every day is a new day. I remember the baby and toddler years OH MY, you have to take care of YOU too..and you CAN do it. Easy meals..if you like stir fry, do a bunch of mushrooms, onions a can of water chestnuts and a bag of pre shreded cabbage. Put it in a pan with some soy or teriaki and VIOLA its awesome, and low calorie! Join a recipe group that is focused on healthy eating and easy ideas. A great way to eat healthy is to share with the baby, think about it, mash a banana, put an apple in the blender, hmmmmmmmmm good for you and good for the kiddo too. You have just made yourself a snack and the baby a yumi all NATURAL meal.  Visit here often, I am fairly  new but I see great encouragement in Cafe Mom. Excercise, remember the flying baby? It was my favorite with my Dad when i was young. Lay on your back, have your infant or when you get more muscles, the toddler lay across your shins, hold there arms and lift those legs. The kiddos love it, and their weight gives you resistance for leg lifts. And best of all, easy on your hips and your back while building the muscles that support both of those body parts, your booty and your legs :) You GOT this!

Stacey a.k.a Slim Tabulous
Ask me about weight loss and heathly living :) 

AnnaJiang
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Do you want to try something that can help you start? I register the program yesterday.First I do a health and fitness survey. Then it based on my goals, suggest the solutions for me.

I don't need to buy products to use the program. it has food plan, recipes, water intake track, reminders, exercise plan, 

For  $30(original $90 value),  got a three month web subscription and one free CORE(a natual product that can help me ose fat---not neccessary weight). http://bit.ly/1c7X47e

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 4, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Hugs mama!  I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now.  I would focus on small things...add some veggies, fruits, protein to your diet.  Limit your processed food and drink lots of water.  Are you counting calories?

katherinemcp
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:17 AM
I saw this same reply on another thread- you DO know its against the CM rules to sell on these forums, right?

Quoting AnnaJiang:

Do you want to try something that can help you start? I register the program yesterday.First I do a health and fitness survey. Then it based on my goals, suggest the solutions for me.

I don't need to buy products to use the program. it has food plan, recipes, water intake track, reminders, exercise plan, 

For  $30(original $90 value),  got a three month web subscription and one free CORE(a natual product that can help me ose fat---not neccessary weight). http://bit.ly/1c7X47e

katherinemcp
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Honestly, I haven't been counting calories, lol. I used to be so great at keeping track of calories and using a food diary, but I haven't lately. Like I said, I think its pretty obvious that I have not been doing what I need to to see results......but, ugh, its like its so bad I dont know where to start, haha.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama!  I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now.  I would focus on small things...add some veggies, fruits, protein to your diet.  Limit your processed food and drink lots of water.  Are you counting calories?

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I find that by eating three meals a day, and a healthy snack in between (even if I am not hungry) gives me more energy throughout the day.  And has really helped with me losing weight.  I used to think people were crazy when they would say, "You have to eat to lose".  But,they were right. I've lost the majority of my weight by adjusting when/what I eat.  Hang in there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN