Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Lets talk about plus size clothing for a second...

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 3:47 PM
  • 14 Replies

I don't know where to ask this, so I'm here lol.  I know a lot of you ladies are very fit, but maybe more of you have experience with this?  I dunno...

I'm heavier now than I have ever been not pregnant.  I'm not proud of it, but I refuse to give in to body hatred over this.  Its really hard sometimes, though, like today... the thighs in my jeans keep giving out, and I've only had these jeans for 4 months.  Even at my fittest I have never had a thigh gap and I don't really GAF about that, but I can't remember having this problem like I'm having it now.  EVERY pair of jeans, yoga pants, sweats, athletic pants... they all do this.  It doesn't help that I walk for exercise I suppose, but I don't know what else to do.

I just ordered some jeans in a size larger (and I'd rant about that, but like I said, trying not to hate myself...).  Does anyone know if that will help?  Or is this just a side effect of being fat that I'm going to have to either deal with or change?  I don't feel like my jeans are too tight, so its confusing that I keep having this problem.

Also... I know motivation comes from within and I'm trying really hard to be motivated to be healthier, but I just get sick of being hungry after about 2 weeks lol.  Does anyone have any advice for that?  I just don't want to be miserable and hungry the entire time I'm working on healthier living.

by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I'm a size 12-14 and I've had this prob for years. Even back at a sz9. So I'm no help
AshEiler
by New Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I'm not big but I have always had big thighs (not huge). Lol. I rub powder on the jeans inner thigh area (outside AND inside of pants) and it has always seemed to work. :) I just make sure not to get the powder anywhere visible, so use a small amount. My hubby also has big thighs & a big bum but he is fit. I do the same to his jeans & we don't get chaffed or peep holes in our clothes.

wave 

NananRaysmom
by New Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 5:25 PM
My jeans do this..and I'm a size 6-8
I have thick thighs that I love..I guess this is just a side effect!
Andrewsmom70
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:24 PM

If your thighs are rubbing together, it causes friction, friction causes heat, and heat will break down the fabric. I had some problems with that back when I was in plus sizes. It's just part of being that size I think, at least for some folks. 

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Mine did it really bad when i was heavier..from a size 20 down to about a 10..i'm a little smaller now, and it is much better. The thighs still wear out, just not as fast as before. :)
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM
After a few weeks of healthy eating the hunger goes away. It did for me anyway. I am in size large after buying 1x and 2x. Thighs do wear out from rubbing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I've had that problem, too.  It's just getting thin from rubbing together.  It sucks, I know!  I've tried to find solutions, but never found one that worked.

As for feeling hungry, you may not be eating enough.  I only felt hungry the first day or two of eating better, and only because I was watching my portions.  It wasn't even so much of hunger as not feeling STUFFED.  I had to get used to just being satisfied!  It does take getting used to.

What have you been doing to lose the weight?

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Kermitthemom23
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM
This
But it doesnt matter what size I am.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

If your thighs are rubbing together, it causes friction, friction causes heat, and heat will break down the fabric. I had some problems with that back when I was in plus sizes. It's just part of being that size I think, at least for some folks. 

loramartin418
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

i have always had this problem even when i was smaller... but my solution was to cut the pants/jeans and have uber short daisy dukes. idc if i am over weight...my dh likes the short shorts.. dont hate yourself for being bigger... i am the size i was when i delivered my now five yearold...(like the size the night before i gave birth) i know its hard but i find the more you hate yourslef the harder it is to lose the weight...love your body and it will love you...

AtiFreeFalls
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I've been keeping track of my food and exercise, trying to make mindeful choices, increasing vegetables and fruits, reducing sweets (which is my huge weakness... huge... and it doesn't help that I LOVE to bake).  I've kind of fallen off the bandwagon here, but I'm trying to get back on.  I want to do this from a place of "I love my body and it deserves better treatment than to fill it with crap and sit on it all day" instead of "I hate this and it has to change."  Its not always easy to keep up that attitude, though lol. 

As for feeling satisfied versus hungry, it may be that.  I was taught from infancy to eat when I wasn't hungry.  My mom said she used to forcefeed us when we were babies because she was worried we weren't getting enough, and then the rules were to clean your plate.  We didn't always have enough food, and my mom grew up hungry and dirt poor, so I understand why she instituted such policies, but I do think these things contributed to my overeating.  I'll work on recognizing satiety rather than full-to-bursting :)

Quoting musicpisces:

I've had that problem, too.  It's just getting thin from rubbing together.  It sucks, I know!  I've tried to find solutions, but never found one that worked.

As for feeling hungry, you may not be eating enough.  I only felt hungry the first day or two of eating better, and only because I was watching my portions.  It wasn't even so much of hunger as not feeling STUFFED.  I had to get used to just being satisfied!  It does take getting used to.

What have you been doing to lose the weight?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)