Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Can someone help me lose weight

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 19 Replies
Hi girls. I am 37 years old 5'6 and a mom to a two year old. I had my baby when I was 35 and I was aty heaviest before I had him starting at 149 and gained 35 lbs and I have lost them all. That's not my problem I used to weigh 125-130 for a lot of my life. I don't think I'm fat by Any means but I have no clue how to be consistent w my diet and I am a cookie eater at night lol!! Which I know I need to change. My husband loves cookies and is very thin. He can eat whatever he wants and I'm not blaming him but I put weight on in my early 30 when we started Dating. I exercise on a good week 4 times on a normal three times and my exercise is doing insanity tapes. It's cold in jersey and I do my outside exercising In the summer. On a normal day cereal for breakfast lunch is salad and then a dinner chicken veggies and a side carb. I will some nights eat cookies like nutter butters or eat handful of m and ms at like 8 . I guess my question is what is your normal diet and I would love to lose ten pounds. Any suggestions
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:00 PM

What kind of cereal are you eating for breakfast?  How much of it are you eating?  What are you adding to it?

What does your lunch salad look like?

How much chicken are you having with your dinner?  How big is your side carb?  What kind of side carb?

I assume there's more variety than this, that this is just an example.  But these answers can shed some light.

Insanity is great!  Are you also doing strength training?

Have you thought about doing some good winter outdoor activities?  What about show shoeing, cross-country skiing?  You can even run out in the cold and snow, get some microspikes to keep your feet from sliding.

You don't have to completely give up the cookies, IF you can keep it manageable.  Sometimes just giving yourself the okay to have ONE is just what you need to stay on track the rest of the day.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MommyC57
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I would say forget the cereal, unless it's oatmeal.  Most cereals are loaded with sugar and junk and don't keep you full.  I would either eat oatmeal (the old fashioned kind not the packets) and if you need to sweeten it with honey instead of sugar.  I replace breakfast with Shakeology and it has helped me lose and maintain, I love it. But if I didn't do that I'd eat a whole wheat bagel or greek yogurt with fruit.  What is your carb you're eating?  Try replacing white potatoes with sweet potatoes.  Replace white rice with brown rice.  Try replacing your sugar craving with dark chocolate, it has some health benefits.  And I would try getting that in earlier as eating late at night is not beneficial to weight loss.  And don't forget water!  You're suposed to be drinking half your weight, so if you weigh 140 you should be drinking 70 oz a day.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Hey!  You are already doing Insanity?

Brit31
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Okay a typical day is I will eat Multigrain cheerios with regular milk and i have dunkin donuts light and sweet french vanilla coffee in am. For lunch its usually just salad with tomatoes some olives avocado and oil vinegar and dinner its either two pieces of chicken or pork and occasional piece of steak and i make veggies or white potatoe for a side or creamy chicken pasta side or white rice the one thats seasoned with chicken and veggies. Another problem of mine is when I make my kid food I snack on some of his too. So i def like Mommy C57 should replace the white with brown carbs. I have such a sugar cravings that I def need to stop that. Like for instance yesterday I did a workout and at night I ate 3 cvhocolate chip cookies my husband made., So my wieght is at 150 still.  Im going to try shakeology and see if that works too!

Brit31
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM

CorpCityGrl

Yes and I loveeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!!!!

srehman
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Okay.
To me it sounds like you have more carbs in your day. Carb for breakfast lunch and dinner. If you can pick one time to have a carb. Cereal as was mentioned really isn't the best. I eat grape nuts, but will put it on my banana with peanut butter in the morning. Or top it on my salad for lunch (if I'm having salad). Try eating a protein for breakfast instead or with. Something like scrambled eggs with spinach, bell peppers and mushrooms (I am not a huge fan of mushrooms but do like them sometimes). You can add in all sorts if veggies to a scrambled egg or omelet. Also, add a protein to your lunch, tuna, chicken. And for dinner try fish (if you like it or stick with the other). But if you're eating cereal, salad and then meat with potatoes for dinner and eating cookies at night. The only thing exercise is doing is keeping your weight the same. Omit the cookies. Tell your husband to hide them if you have to. And add more greens to your diet...a lot of them. Good luck momma!
srehman
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Also, I would drink plain black coffee for a while. Look at your sugar intake on the coffee. Even though it's light. Also, try switching to skim milk. We actually have lactose fat free milk here and it's only used for our hot tea. So, the rest of the time I drink green tea.
Brit31
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Thats what I will do. Tell him to hide them, Its so bad I look at it like its my treat for working out and thats where I go wrong. I agree I need to lessen carbs which i have with the cereal. I stopped that, Lunch I honestly dont even love chicken in my salad. Ill try tuna. I also dont eat meat- thats like once a week but its take out and im sure its not healthy. I agree I have too many carbs esp with the cookies! thank you srehman

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM
I actually disagree here. Whole milk allows your body to absorb the nutrients where skim milk is over processed garbage. Raw milk is best but whole milk gets a bad rap when it shouldn't.

I would look into adding more protein at breaky and lunch. Build your meals around a protein with a veggie side. I like Greek yogurt with pb or pb on a banana for a cold breakfast. Throw some nuts on that salad. Start cutting back on anything that is made in a factory (including the cereal).

Quoting srehman: Also, I would drink plain black coffee for a while. Look at your sugar intake on the coffee. Even though it's light. Also, try switching to skim milk. We actually have lactose fat free milk here and it's only used for our hot tea. So, the rest of the time I drink green tea.
Brit31
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Yes nuts is a good option and more protein at lunch. I do like greek yogurt, I eat that sometimes too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN