Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

27 and almost 200lbs :(

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:10 PM
  • 10 Replies
I am 27 years old and weigh close to 200 pounds!! I am done with carting all this extra weight around. 6 years ago I was 120 pounds. I suffered the loss of my daughter, a hysterectomy and the failure of my marriage in less than a year and I gained all this weight and didn't care enough about me to try to lose it again. I have been busy with my son school, work and building a new life and relationship with my son and amazing fiance. Now I need to feel better about me. I want to be stronger happier and a size 8 for my wedding next summer. I have started a six day a week home exercise program which consists of 100 jumping jacks 40 lunges 40 squats 100 High Knees 40 Butt kicks 20 side lunges 10 leg lifts and 100 ball crunches I also no longer use a chair when I watch my morning tv shows I sit on a work out ball, I also use the ball while I am on the computer so I can stay in motion. I am looking for support encouragement and any Ideas or suggestions on how to stay motivated? I would love to use this post as a way to connect with other women in the same or similar situations who would like to reach our goals together!!! good luck and thank you for your interest in my post.
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mackenzz
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have any ideas on weight loss - but here's a bump and all the support I can give!! I hope that you are successful and I'll be cheering you on :)

redroseaylor
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Thank you for your support
kissmiss213
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM

i use caloriecount.about.com. i love it. i lost a bunch of weight, then i stopped logging and slowly regained about half of what i lost (over the course of 2 yrs) and so im back on it. my issue right now is that my back is so bad, i have no idea what i did, but i cant do all the workouts that i did before. basically walking and ab stuff (to help strengthen and reduce the pain). i had an mri and i have an appt with a physiatrist (?) later this week, so hopefully i can figure out what is going on and then i can do my workouts again....good luck mama! i totally believe that you can do it!

redroseaylor
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM

oh I am sorry to hear about your back. My fiance has back problems so I know how terrible they can be I have heard that water woorkouts and gentle core training can help with back pain good luck to you too

redroseaylor
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:00 PM
part of how I am doing my eating is by making sure half my plate is veggies at dinner as well as refusing pasta for dinner and always eating a meat but never red meat as I dont like it anyways. my lunch is always left overs because 1. I eat less and 2. that is when I eat my pasta!! I eat three eggs for breakfast but I bake them in a stand alone muffin tin so they dont have the fat of frying I add tomato, onion garlic and cheese. I have never had a lot of trouble with what I eat it has mostly been how much of what. so with that I just have to shift my veiws
Snowangel22
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I think you look great! Have you tried a body wrap? It tightens, tones anf firms your trouble areas. 

redroseaylor
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:50 PM

So today is day two and I almost lost my motivation to work ourt. (depressing right) My thighs and belly burned a bit today from yesterdays work out not serious pain but enough to deter me. All morning I have put off my morning work out which is the first half of the total for the day you know 50 jumping jacks high knees, and ball crunches. 20 lunges, squats and butt kickers, then 10 side lunges and leg lifts. All day I have put this off and felt guilty and weak so it was only helping me think badly about my self. I did some crafting for christmas and my wedding. Then I sat and watched White Christmas, you know with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye?! Well I watched it and laughed and cried a little then I thought what it would feel like to look that damn good in a dress and to be able to dance like that. At that point I metaphorically kicked my self in the A** and did my work out. low and behold my legs and belly feel better streched and relaxed as they havent been all day. Ill do my other half before I shower and go to bed like I did last night and tonight Ill lay in bed as I drift off to sleep and Ill see my self dancing as the bell of the ball in 9 months time as I marry the man of my dreams.  this thought will be my motivator and today was my first big lesson of the journy I am taking. 

So here is to me I can make the Changes in my life that mean so much to me and tomorrow and every tomorrow after it Ill be a better stronger happier me. 

and good luck to any one else on this same journy. 

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I gave birth Oct 2012 and got up to 243... Before pregnancy 220 to 200 was "normal" for me. I was 27... I am now 28 and down to 165 to 160 depending. Motivation came for me from a deadline... I wanted to be down to 170 by my sons frost birthday... I accomplished it. I took a lot of pictures (small changes kept me going)  and did a lot of research... I look constantly at athletes and fitness models that I want to look like. It's a process that if you trust will give you results.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Welcome to the group....sounds like you have a great workout plan...good luck!

redroseaylor
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Day three: today I am going to do only a cardio workout leaving out the strength training aspects I am in considerable pain today and I dont want to risk real injury I also dont want to fall off the horse so soon so I am meeting my self in the middle so I can still feel positive but so I dont hurt as much. today is a good day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN