Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Jillian Micheals good or bad????

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM
  • 12 Replies

My best friend and I have always struggled with weight, she loves the Jillian micheals DVDs or even the free ones on YouTube but I haven't seen any results on her. She isn't really motivated and doesn't do the workouts everyday so I am wondering if anyone has had any success with this trainer?

by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlinville30
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:10 PM

When it comes to any workout you get what you put in meaning if you don't workout all that much or rarely you will not see results which is why your friend is still the same as when she started.

I do some of Jillians workouts and I feel the burn and am sore the next day and it has helped me go from 216lbs down to 196lbs. You have to commit or there will be no results.

judesmama09
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 4:54 PM

oh yea, i have a few of her dvd's and they have helped me a lot! like pp said you have to put th effort and commit to them in order for them to do anythng for you.. but jullian defineately has a way of getting you moving!!

muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:23 PM
I love her workouts. She helped me get into better shape than ever after my kids were born. My favorites are, in this order, yoga meltdown, 30 day shred, 6 weeks 6 pack. I have yoga inferno, not a big fan, and I like No more trouble zones, but its an hour long. I rarely have a free hour.
4girlsinmylife
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:24 AM
30 day shred is my all time favorite
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:42 AM

what size is she- if she is bigger, it will take longer to SEE changes

also, you have to put in the effort.   I personally can't stand Jillian but a lot of people ike her and hae had some results with her work outs

*I'd rather go to my zumba classes

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM

A lot of people in this group like her, myself included.  Like jlinville30 said, you get out what you put in.  She'd have the same result with anythin she wasn't really putting herself into.

Jillian's DVDs are some of the few that can actually get my HR up (because I DO put work into it- you can still half-ass it if you don't want to do the work).  I started doing them after my runs.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

srehman
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM
It's exactly right. You get results with whatever you put in. If you don't work at it, nothing will happen. But you have to also watch what you eat. Very important. I like Jillian and all, but I haven't used her DVDs. I do classes at the gym. I like bodypump, boot camp, spin etc. But I work too. I push myself to the max! Sometimes further. Good luck! And remember no matter what work at it! And push yourself!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:42 PM

She is a great trainer!  Good luck!

HoustonTx
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I didn't really put much effort into it...so I didn't see results I get bored easy. I ended up joining a gym.
NatesMom2011
by Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Thanks for all your wonderful advice I definitely want to try the 30 day shred and maybe the ab one since my problem areas are belly and love handles aka, muffin top 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)