Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

new

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:45 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi my name is Kim. I am hoping you all can give me some help
I have been trying to lose weight for over a year and I am getting frustrated. I am 5` 7 and weigh 215. I had a baby over a little over a year ago and not to long after he was born I had a hysterectomy for medical reason. Anyway I walk a lot do crunches leg lifts and the Wii fit but I don't know what I am doing wrong. I can't seen to loose belly far or around my thigh and butt. I am starting to think my husband is not attractive because we don't have sex really anymore. So any help advice would be great. Thanks in advance.
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:03 PM

How's your eating?  That's 80% of the battle.  You can't crunch your way to a six-pack.  You need to strength train your whole body, do a variety of cardio, and eat right.

When they did the hysterectomy, did they take your ovaries?  If so, the shift in hormones affects your fat distribution.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

kimlogan2
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:20 PM
No they didn't take my ovaries and honestly my eating is pretty much just snacking whenever I can get bite here or there. Sometimes healthy sometimes not.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Can you give an example of a day's food?

May be that you're not eating enough, or not balanced enough.  Deficiencies can make it hard to shed weight.

Quoting kimlogan2: No they didn't take my ovaries and honestly my eating is pretty much just snacking whenever I can get bite here or there. Sometimes healthy sometimes not.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Welcome to the group! Suzanne has the right advice...it's mainly about your diet.  Fruits, veggies, whole grains, and lean protein....should be the bulk of your diet.  Little to no processed food.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)