Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How do you stay motivated????

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 12:52 AM
  • 10 Replies
I'm in a rut right now....bad week. Well just in my eating and, working out. I've only worked out once this week...... :( Im SO close to my goal!!!! I'm just really not motivated. :( How do you stay motivated?
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raeyliNlilysmom
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Bump
Mwasham
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:21 AM

I started a facebook page about my weight loss. So I knew that people were following me and they wanted to see my success and I didn't want to disapoint.

www.facebook.com/megger221

Mwasham
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:21 AM

BUMP!

MomTiara19
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe try something new.A new work out routine.Try a new healthy recipe.

Pinterest has lots of ideas.Pinterest is very motivational.Just follow others diet and fitness boards.You will never run out of ideas and motivation.

amanda_n_e
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:29 AM
2 moms liked this
I switch up my routine often! If I don't I lose motivation because I get bored.
Have you tried the Nike Training Club app?
They have all kinds of workouts. Those are my go to when I need a change from whatever program I'm doing
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I use a few items to stay motivated.
One is my weight loss buddy
Two is this group
Three...I looks at progress pics of myself and of others.
Four..I look at my goal item..right now it is a pair of shorts I got at goodwill. They are awesome btw.
Five..I look at my kids. They are the main drive behind why I take care of myself.
Six. I look at where I came from. I'm recovering from an eating disorder and I do not want to be that person again
Seven...I pray for strength. :)

Also after a while the motivation becomes more of a habit. it gets easier.

You can do this! Good luck!
4girlsinmylife
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Honestly I look at my whole bod. Stare at myself in the mirror preferably nude & don't like what I see. . That's what motivates me.
BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM

My career goals.

I **have** to be physically fit to get into a certain phase of the EMS academy I'm in and if I don't pass, I don't graduate. :/

srehman
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Motivation??? How about a new size? Have you written a journal about how you were before compared to now?? Read that and look at the difference in stamina and achievements. I stay motivated bc I weighed 194 lbs before I got pregnant and had my baby boy 5 months ago. I have realized the sluggish feelings I have now being heavier again than when I was smaller. I want that feeling again. I am determined. That's how I stay motivated.
One more thing ask yourself if you are sabotaging your achievement bc maybe you're afraid of making your goal and you might lose that rush of I have x amount to lose.
Good luck momma! Find that mojo and don't stop! I want to read you are at your goal and maintaining it!!! Do it momma!!!!
mom2aspclboy
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I like changing up my activities. My job is very physical, so sometimes it's hard to be motivated to workout afterward, but I like seeing the inches disappear, so on days when it's super hard to drag myself to a workout, I do something less structured and more fun like swimming, boxing (not in a class), or playing raquetball. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)