Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Vitamin question

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM
  • 7 Replies

I've been trying to lose weight and get healthy fr some while now, but just recently--say within the past 2 weeks-- really started being real with myself about it and being strict.

My question is which vitamns are better to take

Prenatal

OR

One a Day Womens.

I've been thinking about taking prenatals again, for my hair and nails as well as skin and other benefits, but I wasnt sure if they woud work the same if I wasnot trying or wanting to get pregnant. I have actually been "fixed" and no longer can have kids and would like to take the prenatals but wasnt sure how it'd work.

Thank You Ladies!

Ashley xoxoxo

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 17, 2013 at 5:36 AM

Personally, I take a women's vitamin but I know plenty of people in the group who take prenatals...not sure if one is better than the other to be honest.  

mama0106
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I tak women's one a day active not sure about the other one
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Synthetic vitamins don't work all that well anyway.  I just read this article:  http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/doctors-urge-public-to-stop-wasting-money-on-vitamin-supplements-1.1596141

I prefer to eat my vitamins in the form of nutrient-rich veggies and fruits, a variety of meats, and properly made bone broth (usually chock full of more veggies and some meats.)  I dumped processed foods and most sugars (no artificial sweeteners, either.)  My skin is clearer, my body is stronger immune-wise, and my nails and hair have never been stronger or healthier in the past 20 years than they are now.

mrsary
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Me too

Quoting mama0106: I tak women's one a day active not sure about the other one
BoopBettyBoop
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Eating more fruits and veggies is a great way to help.  But sometimes you just need a supplement also, but not all vitamins are created equal.  Make sure that the vitamin you take will allow the minerals to be absorbed into your system the way that nature does.

srehman
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I would compare the two. If what you are looking for is more in one than the other, then get that one. I think that prenatal just has double of what is in a regular vitamin. I had to take the gummy vitamins (4 a day just to get about the same nutrients as in the prenatal) bc there was something in the prenatal that wasn't in the gummy vitamins that made me sick. So, anyway...that's my thoughts :-)
Ashley__Nicole
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:34 PM
That's true! When I was working for a dr he always told our patients to never get the Walmart/Kroger/target/Walgreens brand because those usually have more of a glue coating on them and don't even dissolve most of the time.

And thank you to all of you ladies for giving me your advice! :)
Xoxoxox

Quoting BoopBettyBoop:

Eating more fruits and veggies is a great way to help.  But sometimes you just need a supplement also, but not all vitamins are created equal.  Make sure that the vitamin you take will allow the minerals to be absorbed into your system the way that nature does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)