Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I think I went crazy for a moment

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:08 PM
  • 7 Replies

I signed up for my first marathon a little while ago (like 1/2 hour ago).

It's in October, so I don't need to start training for it until like May... but I have an OCR in April that I will train for and then just keep going, hopefully.

My totally over the moon crazy goal is to finish in under 5 hours, my realistic goal is to finish in under 6:30. But the major goal is just to finish and get that medal.

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Tiggeroo
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Awesome! I wish my "crazy" was a marathon! Right now I'm doing good just to not eat after dinner! :)

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

lol, I need to work on that too... but I have completed 4 half marathons in the span of about 15 months (november 2011-feb 2013) and decided that wanted a bit of a break from running... now I want to get more serious about it as a form of therapy and also weight loss, and training keeps me in check.

Quoting Tiggeroo:

Awesome! I wish my "crazy" was a marathon! Right now I'm doing good just to not eat after dinner! :)

AnnaJiang
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Marathon is really crazy! Great work!

srehman
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:53 PM
That us awesome! I can't wait to get there! I haven't done a 5k yet. I have ran a 5k before on my own! Lol but that's so exciting! Congrats!
Tiggeroo
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I don't know if I'll ever get back to running. I ran CC (cross country) and track in high school, but now it feels like I'd be climbing Everest! I power walk now with my mil, but the cold weather can hamper our efforts as I have to take my youngest DD with us. Right now I'm working on adding in more strength training, different cardio and doing a low-to-no carb diet. I'm jump starting today by doing no carbs for at least a week! I want to be fit and healthy by my 32nd birthday in July of '14! :) And it'd be a nice bonus to feel sexy again for my birthday too :D

BTW, Keep us posted on your training and workouts and such! I for one would like to know if you reach your goal! Good Luck!!

Quoting Idntreallycare:

lol, I need to work on that too... but I have completed 4 half marathons in the span of about 15 months (november 2011-feb 2013) and decided that wanted a bit of a break from running... now I want to get more serious about it as a form of therapy and also weight loss, and training keeps me in check.

Quoting Tiggeroo:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:06 PM

You have motivated me to get my butt in gear for my first full marathon next year too!  Hugs mama!

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Race schedule is set for 2014: March 8th- 4 mile run with a big hill at the end, pint glass for finishing

April 26th (ish)- obstacle course race, hopefully it's not too cold

May 4th- 3K run/walk with the husband and son

Memorial Day- 5K

August 24th- 1/2 marathon, hoping to finish in 2:45 or less (my PR right now is 3:07)

October 5th- full marathon

sounds good to me, now I need to get consistent and hope that work doesn't get too in the way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN