Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Getting ready to Try

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone! I'm new here, My na,e is Kari, Im 25 from a small town in Illinois near the St. Louis Metro are. I am married to the most amazing man who has ever walked the earth( as I'm sure we all think of our hubbies) lol. We have been married 4 years and just last night decided that sometime mid to late 2014 we want to start trying for our first child.Although the only practice we have Is two 4 year old fur babies Albert and Boo Boo. (both Amazing with kids) ``

It is a very exciting decision, as for along time he has been very "unready" so for him to be on board is HUGE!!

So until that time comes, I of course will be occupied and motivated to do whatever it takes to prepare my home and body to conceive, carry and give birth to a healthy baby. 

My goal is to lose the 50 pounds I've gained in the 4 years I've been married and just overall be healthier. Not only for my husband and future child, but to feel better about myself and just feel better all around. I will be making an appointment with a gyno next month for my first REAL pap smear, as i have always been very scared of even the thought lol. But i have a good friend who is going to go with me to help me get over it lol.Its an odd phobia, I know i should have been doing this all along. 

I would love to make some good friend who may be in the same situation or recently had babies to help me through my journey, as it has been my dream to be a mother my whole life. and now that my husband is on board, I am  FINALLttcY motivated, but at times i need that push to tell me to drop the cookie or get off the couch. 

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BoopBettyBoop
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Congratulations on your decision!  Yes it is scary and yes it will be rewarding and the most amazing thing you have ever done.  I don't know if you are interested in having a certain sex of baby but if you are interested the book "How to choose the sex of your baby" by Dr Shettles helped us conceive our daughter after 2 boys.

The best thing I can recomend is to enjoy every moment, keep a diary, and don't stress.  I have 4 and it took us 3 years to conceive our "miracle" baby.   So I understand the stress of trying to conceive.  Don't let things get you down.  Once you are pregnant enjoy every moment.  You will love it.  I wish you all the best!

Lori

Kari1104
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Thanks lori. This will be out first. And I know the trying is still a ways off. But I want it all to beperfect lol. It's never too early to prepare for a lifechanging event. Thank you for the support
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Welcome to the group!  Congrats on your decision!

Kari1104
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Thank u

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome to the group!  Congrats on your decision!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)