Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish i had the drive to loose weight, my husband tells me i dont follow thru any goal i have.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:34 AM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this

What helps you all have the want / drive to want to loose weight?

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
First_One_8_18
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:24 AM
5 moms liked this

Looking at myself in the mirror. I HATE not feeling good about myself. Complacency with my self image is something I don't have the luxury of. Seriously- I get really depressed if I'm not working out. 

mrsary
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Keeping my job!
healthymom46
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Good question! One thing that motivates me is looking good bc then I feel good. Not only that; when I eat healthy I feel SO much better, happy and vibrant...I slowly stopped gluten, dairy, and sugar. Those bloat me (and most of us) and leave me feeling depressed. It's not easy and I always have to "prepare ahead of time". I make a variety of salads in the spring/summer/fall and many veggie soups in the winter. 

What really helped me make wise decisions in my food choices and to stick with it is getting "knowledge" about what processed food does to our bodies. I watched some documentary movies like "FOOD.INC', "The Gerson Miracle", and "Fat, Sick, and nearly Dead"...they are all good informative documentary movies. I believe they all can be watched on u tube for free. After you watch those; I bet you really will do your best to stick with a proper nutritional plan.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:37 AM
3 moms liked this

My health was/is my motivating factor.  I was 45 and had no energy, was constantly depressed, had no control of my diabetes/high cholesterol/high blood pressure even with loads of meds, and I was tired of feeling that way.  Someone suggested that I look into primal/paleo eating and I did.  The rest is history.  Just by eliminating grains, most dairy, refined sugars (which I didn't really have anyway), and processed foods, I began to feel better.  My mood improved, my health improved visibly AND on the inside (lower cholesterol, reversed kidney issues, lowered my blood pressure to normal, reversed heart issues...all without meds.)  I lost weight without a whole lot of effort.  I have no desire to feel sick, tired, or depressed again...that's my motivation for sticking with it for the rest of my life.

Wheepingchree
by Jessica on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I've been overweight my whole life. I'm about to be 26, just had my second child, and I'm just sick of it. I'm sick of not feeling comfortable with myself. My husband is naturally a very thin person. The guy weighs 120 on a good day and is all muscle. Part of my motivation is wanting to feel beautiful when I'm out with him. I know he thinks I am, but I feel like people must look at us like wtf?? I know I will never be 120 pounds, I'm just not built for it, but I could be better than I am now.

Motivation has to come from within - I've "tried" many times to lose weight and haven't ever been this serious or this motivated. You'll get there mama, just keep focusing on what your goals are.
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:34 AM
4 moms liked this

for me this time, it was that I came home crying after going shopping and NOTHING I liked fit right...or at all. I had become seriously frustrated and decided it was time to do it again- and to make it stick this time.  

You are going to have to get to that place where you are just DONE. Not for hubby, not for mom, not your friends but for YOU.  When you get there, you'll know because no one and nothing will stop you

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a lot of nice, expensive clothes. $200 jeans. At the moment, I'm not working as many hours, so I don't have the money to go out and buy a larger size of my $200 jeans. THAT motivates me. When my clothes start to get snug, I cut back my carb intake. New clothes are expensive, LOL. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:40 AM
3 moms liked this

It's kind of like an addict that has to hit rock bottom. You have to be ready, mentally and emotionally, to make the change. I have a friend who flittered like a candy wrapper in the breeze from one diet to the next, from month to month. She'd try something for a week, cheat, then declare it a loss. I looked her straight in the eye after the first attempt and told her that she wasn't ready to lose weight yet. She got a little miffed and scoffed at me. Two weeks later, wash, rinse, repeat. Once again, I told her she wasn't ready yet. She'd know when she really was. Complaining about your body and the way you look constantly doesn't equate being ready. You literally have a *light bulb* moment when you do. Something inside you snaps. 

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

for me this time, it was that I came home crying after going shopping and NOTHING I liked fit right...or at all. I had become seriously frustrated and decided it was time to do it again- and to make it stick this time.  

You are going to have to get to that place where you are just DONE. Not for hubby, not for mom, not your friends but for YOU.  When you get there, you'll know because no one and nothing will stop you

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
My health and my children were and still are a big motivator for me.
I was very unhealthy and down right sick after my third child. I have watched so many of my relatives be sick and evendie...I guess I do not have the best genes in my family.
also want to be healthy for my children. So they have a good example. :)
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
It is a lifestyle change, not a diet. I just got sick of gaining and being overweight. I am over 50 and know it is not gonna get any easier either and I want to be healthy.
I was always tiny till I had my first at 30.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)