Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have young children

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:08 AM
  • 32 Replies
How do you find time to get your workout in? Who watches your children if you go to the gym. And is it possible to loose weight if you do not have a support system???
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mwasham
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:25 AM
3 moms liked this

I do the T25 workout. It is awesome it is only 25mins and then you are done. I lost 10lbs so far on it. I have 2 kids and workfull time. Are you a stay at home mom?  If you are you can do your workouts at naptime. If you work you can do it after they go to be or before they wake up.It was tough to do it at night but I was determined to loose the weight. I was so unhappy with the way I felt and looked. 

mrsary
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I get mine in after the kids are in bed. I do Insanity and swithing to T25 when done, because that hour is killing me! I work more than full time and my kids are 4, 5, and 9. Also have 2 month old twins I am not raising.
BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM
2 moms liked this
I want to start w the shred. I have 2 daughters. 6 and 19 months. I guess I just has to find something to do w with the baby. But she doesn't nap ever. Lol. I could try at night but I would have to do it in front of dh. Ughh lol

Quoting Mwasham:

I do the T25 workout. It is awesome it is only 25mins and then you are done. I lost 10lbs so far on it. I have 2 kids and workfull time. Are you a stay at home mom?  If you are you can do your workouts at naptime. If you work you can do it after they go to be or before they wake up.It was tough to do it at night but I was determined to loose the weight. I was so unhappy with the way I felt and looked. 

BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:17 AM
I'd like to really run but I can't being the kids out in this weather.

Quoting mrsary: I get mine in after the kids are in bed. I do Insanity and swithing to T25 when done, because that hour is killing me! I work more than full time and my kids are 4, 5, and 9. Also have 2 month old twins I am not raising.
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:27 AM

I have a membership to a gym that has child care... Another gym I use also has child care but its a co op so we take turns watching our kids... But when my son was just born... He never would sleep or nap... I would just lay him down on a play mat and workout next to him. Do YouTube HIIT or DVDs... When it was nice I would go running with him. Also it would suck but I would go to the gym or for a run after my husband came home. 

chenard79
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:30 AM
2 moms liked this

Im doing T25. Entering the beta phase today. I workout with the kids around the kids wherever I can get it in. If baby doesnt nap. place her somewhere nearby and get to work. I understand thouroughly. I am a mom of five children and the last is 1. You have to do what you have to do sometimes. By time you load the children up and go to the gym you could have already workout at home. The gym was a big waste of money for me.

Wheepingchree
by Jessica on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:34 AM
I have a 4 year old and 2 month old and get at least a 30 minute video in 6 days a week. My oldest usually colors or plays while I'm working out. And the baby chills in her bouncy seat watching me or sleeping.

19 months is hard to manage - they're so active at that age! I have this DVD put out by Parents Magazine - it's two discs, first one mommy & baby yoga/Pilates. The second is mommy & toddler - perhaps get that so you can incorporate some play in with your little one?
charmgirl
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this
What is all the talk about t25? Is it a new thing?
jenny_1012
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Would your husband do it with you?    At first I didn't like working out in front of him.  We did Insanity in the morning before our kids woke up and he went to work.  He gave me motivation when I felt like giving up during the workout

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86: I want to start w the shred. I have 2 daughters. 6 and 19 months. I guess I just has to find something to do w with the baby. But she doesn't nap ever. Lol. I could try at night but I would have to do it in front of dh. Ughh lol

Quoting Mwasham:

Mwasham
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM
It is workout videos that are only 25 mins long.they are done by beachbody who created p90x and insanity. You can also join these challenge groups on FB with other people doing the program and you keep each other motivated, share recipes, and just cheer each other on. If you are interested let me know I can show you where to get it.

Quoting charmgirl: What is all the talk about t25? Is it a new thing?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)