Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

judging me?

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM
  • 10 Replies
Why is it I feel judged when I go to the gym? My gym clothes are a bit too tight since they fit months ago and I'm heavier/bigger now since my accident. I only stay about 20-30 minutes on average because I can't do more, again injuries limiting me.

I keep feeling the regulars watching me! But are they? Or is it my imagination? Do they even notice me? Am I paranoid? Do you feel this way too?
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:20 AM

You are being paranoid. Seriously. 

And with your lower body injuries still harassing you, focus on upper body cardio, like boxing. You can squat and punch, without any impact. 

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM
They are probably feeling judged too. Focus on your self hun !
nurse1997
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Yes u are paranoid.

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I stopped caring pretty quickly.

I am at the gym to workout.  I am going to dress to be comfortable.  I am going to put my hair up (pigtails) so it does not annoy me.  I am going to sweat like a pig.

I do not care.

Maybe they are staring at you.  Maybe not.  It really doesn't matter.  The gym is about you, not them.

monkeydavis05
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:57 AM

my sister works in a gym and has all kinds of stories. usually the ones watching ppl are the ones who work in the gym, not the other ppl working out

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Well, now she has a new reason to be paranoid, I guess. 

Quoting monkeydavis05:

my sister works in a gym and has all kinds of stories. usually the ones watching ppl are the ones who work in the gym, not the other ppl working out

monkeydavis05
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:02 AM

oh lol i did not think about that, sorry! it's the truth though. they arent sitting around just picking apart ppl, if she's not doing something strange or crazy they probably arent paying her attention

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Well, now she has a new reason to be paranoid, I guess. 

Quoting monkeydavis05:

thefiregoddess
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I get watched but I'm probably three of you put together AND in a wheelchair.
Just smile and know you're bettering yourself.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Aw, that's a sucky feeling.  But I really think most people are too wrapped up in their own workouts to be so focused on how your clothes are fitting.  Plus, everyone's in tight stuff, for the most part!  Try not to stress, and know that you're doing the best thing by BEING there!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MumsTheWord571
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Doc said to focus on things like the elliptical and bicycle. He wants me to me using my ankles to try to help strengthen them. I used to be in Zumba, and was doing great! But then I fell down the stairs! No more Zumba for me!

I think I am just feeling very self conscious so I am imagining people looking at me. I notice people, but mostly it's "wow! He's cut!" And "that guys hot!" Or "I like her outfit!" Mostly positives. Lol

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

You are being paranoid. Seriously. 

And with your lower body injuries still harassing you, focus on upper body cardio, like boxing. You can squat and punch, without any impact. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)